Lena, Chapter 9

"Almost, Ma'am. Team Alpha got distracted by a potential IED, but it was nothing. All that's left is this area over here." As the soldier gestured, Lenaan's blue orbs followed.

"I'll do a quick scan myself." She started, pulling out her energy sword and holding it at prime, ready to activate it and strike. It was fascinating, the way she immediately shut herself down and slipped into the perfect war machine. It was fascinatingly scary, and it was what she was known for. Keeping her eyes trained on the walls of the dim light she activated her sword as soon as she saw the figure moving.

"Lower your weapon!" she ordered.

"I ain't gonna shoot. I don't know where the hell we are or what we're doing here... and frankly I ain't got a clue what this war is even about."

This one had a different way of speaking than the other two. It had a loose laid back twang, and it was fun. She never had heard such a voice. All of those that she had spoke to were soldiers who were trained so hard they had no particular way of speaking like this one did. Lenaan enjoyed it quite thoroughly.

"What's your name, Apollan?" Lenaan asked, still eyeing him. "And why were you watching us?"
At that moment Lenaan heard other voices and immediately averted her attention in that direction. When she saw other Artemisians, she felt relieved to know more of the soldiers she was commanding made it.

"Sergeant, we found more survivors." Was one of the best sentences she heard in a while. Lena nodded and watched as fellow military family members reunited. It wasn't a large bunch of people, but the more people she counted the uneasier she felt, knowing all of these people would look for a skilled leader, and it was just Lenaan's luck that she was one of the top leaders.

"Teams," She spoke to her soldiers whom were still searching the area, "You've done a good enough job, come say hello and do whatever." She half-willed the order as it wasn't much of a serious one, giving a small, unsure grin. Her stomach suddenly reminded her that she had passed up on the last meal that was served because of work, and it was about time for another meal for the day. Turning her head back to the gathering of Artemisians, she noticed one held back and by the looks of the wincing that came from her, that she was in pain.
Out of the corner of Lenaan's eye, she saw a movement coming from one of the Apollans. She watched as he attempted to make his way to the pile of discarded suit from earlier and get stopped by the Artemisians soldiers' aim.

"Sergeant Ukobach, I need tools, specifically, my tool bag. I'll also need to scavenge some parts from my Exosuit. Can you please have your soldiers lower their weapons?"

"What for, Booker?" She asked, intrigued, as she also watched Dax walk over to Laen and spoke to him, mentioning how they didn't know what this ship was doing in the middle of a worm hole's spitting area, and if they searched it they could find useful things. The thought that they could find food knocked in the back of her mind and she agreed with the idea.
"Or some food..." She thought aloud, holding a hand over her stomach to signal that she was hungry.

The Doctor thought for a moment, and then spoke. "There might be some food packs on the shuttle I arrived in. I can look if you want, but I'll need a light source. It seems that the shuttle isn't working that properly, so." He stopped and glanced over to her soldiers' weapons. "They're not going to be a problem, are they? I don't really want to continue the war here when we've only just begun to learn about each other." Lenaan thought and then shook her head.

"You both can go..." She trailed off as she watched Dax walk over to the girl Lenaan noticed earlier. Predictable. "Well, I guess just you'll go now. But I'll be over seeing your work. Keep in mind that I tinker some so I have an understanding of your actions, etc. So don't think you can fool me." Lenaan warned as she motioned for her platoon to relax.