Lena, Chapter 5

"Well, Sergeant Ukobach, my name is Laen Booker. And for the record, I'm not at war with ANYONE. What I am, is on the first alien spaceship in recorded history; as far as I'm concerned, the war is frivolous and stupid." Lenaan snorted at the last comment.
"Laen, you are preaching to the choir. No one really knows what this war is even about since the last person who did died about a thousand years ago, but when given an order, you follow it."

As Lenaan watched the Apollan, she noticed that there was nothing odd about them. They were nearly just like Artemisians, except for the appearance. And neither of them seemed to put up a front, either. They were just who they were without trying to be someone else

"...That, and the hole makes a funny whistling sound when air blows across it when I'm walking."
That made Lenaan laugh. That, and the whole situation. It was ridiculous that instead of attempting to blow each other's brains out, they were helping each other. When the Apollan quit speaking, she noticed that he looked over to the side of the dark space, as if someone was there. She furrowed her eyebrows, taking note that this person was possibly unstable mentally. Then the Apollian looked down sheepishly as if he was ashamed of his idiosyncrasies. As they both moved and spoke, Lenaan also noted that they called each other "he" and "him" like Artemisians called each other "she" and "her." Was this a correct pronoun for these people?

When the Apollan began peeling off his skinsuit and Lenaan began to see skin, she quickly averted her eyes as it was impolite to stare at people, especially when in full bare. The fact that Laen so quickly decided to declothes in front of her and her soldiers was embarassing to Lenaan, as that's a very private thing to do, so she began blushing and her awkward levels shot up.

"Uum," she spoke while grabbing her helmet and scooting back and trying to stand up and get away from the two Apollans. She tripped while attempting to stand and then made her way, on her feet, towards her the rest of her platoon very quickly. "Ha-Have you all secured the area?" Lenaan was still trying to compose herself while commanding her soldiers, and blushed even harder since they had never seen her in such an unprofessional state. She then realized that through the whole event of her awkwardness, she made way to around the area of where Dax looked when she was speaking to him.