Dax, Chapter 4

"On your feet!" One of the soldiers ordered, "Move!"

It was obvious that this one wasn't the one in command, as they were bringing him to another Artemisian soldier. Dax wasn't afraid of these people; even though there was a war going on. He was actually glad he came in contact with them.

"I am Sergeant Ukobach of the Artemis Special Forces Air Defense and if you do not lower your weapon's aim from my platoon, then I will have no choice but to take drastic measures and disable you. Do you understand?" The voice was loud and clear, and also at a higher vocal register than those from Apollan. Unmistakably a Artemis citizen.

Sergeant Ukobach. What a strange title. It was brought to question that was this title partly last name, like in Apollo, or did they have a whole other system? When the two continued to ramble on, Dax decided it was his turn to take part in the conversation.

"Um, excuse me? I don't mean to interrupt, Sergeant, and by no means do I mean any disrespect, but I'm a field Doctor and surgeon and I believe I can aid both of you." Bah dum tiss. Dax tried to not snicker at his pun. Aid both of you. How brilliant. He thought. If he was going gain the trust he was going to have to weaken his appearance. He took off his helmet and continued, looking her directly in the eye and speaking calmly.

"But only if you remove your helmet and lower your weapon, so we can have a civilized discussion." He didn't know if having a civilized discussion was possible, but since it was the leader and special forces, that only meant they were good at their job or they was cruelly brutal in the battlefield. From when the Artemesian removed the helmet, he could tell they weren't brutal. At least, the looks weren't brutal.

"I will examine his wounds and potentially operate. Is that alright with you?" He questioned. When the sergeant nodded, he reached in his pocket and retrieved the bag of supplies he took from the ship he was on. As he watched the Artemesian and the other soldiers, her noticed something moving beyond them. It appeared to be someone else farther back observing the discussion, but he quickly looked back at her. From the looks of it, she noticed his small glance.

"Hello, sir. I'm Dax. Do you mind if I observe your wounds?" He asked politely.