Chapter Nine: The Past Reminded

~ NEXT MORNING ~

(Still Lily's P.O.V)

Crash! Bang! Crash!

What was that? I thought in my head as I woke up. There was a loud crashing sound coming from downstairs. I quietly sneaked downstairs to see what the crashing was about.

I saw a figure trying to cook? I remembered Marcus was staying here but it can't be Marcus. He's a vampire and vampires don't like the sunlight. I wasn't really sure if it was him so I just called his name.

"Marcus? Is that you?"

The figure turned around and spoke. "Yeah, it's me. I was trying to cook something to surprise you before you wake up but as you can see, that didn't go as planned."

It smelt as if something burnt in there. I walked in and got to work. I cleaned each and every spot that was dirty. It took a while but I did it. While I was doing that Marcus just stood there not knowing what to do. It wasn't a surprise. It's only been his second day experiencing the human world. I still got my own world to experience as well.

I took a quick shower after that and so did Marcus. We were running out of food considering that I only have a refrigerator for one person. Maybe I need to go shopping for new stuff. My house is pretty old too. Alright let's fix this house up! I encouraged myself.

After 2 hours of working nonstop in my room. I got tired. I went into the living room for a break when I saw Marcus's eyes glued to the television. I waved my hands in front of his face but that didn't seem to work. If I can't do it the easy way then I'll do it the harmful way. I raised my hand ready to strike a hit and counted down. 3... 2... 1... SMACK! "OW! What was that for?" he whined. "That was for not paying attention." I answered.

"Ok I'm listening. What do you need?" he said wincing in pain on his cheeks.

"Can you make me a sandwich?" I asked batting my eyelashes innocently. He sighed as he walked into the kitchen.

Marcus's P.O.V

I sighed as I walked into the kitchen. She asked me to make her a sandwich...... a sandwich?! Why couldn't she make this herself? Plus, I was watching a really good movie. I came back with the sandwich in my hands but when I came into the living room Lily was sleeping on the couch. Man how fast can she sleep? I guess this is my treat for being a good boy. I watched her chest as it raise and fall evenly. Angels are special. I went into her room to see what she was doing. I was shocked. It looked as if a tornado came through here.

Clothes everywhere, I can't even see an area that was clear. I sighed. I can't believe she actually lives on her own. It's sad but at least no one will interfere with my love for her. The moment when I thought that the doorbell rang.

"Hi...... Do you need something? Or someone?" I heard Lily ask.

"Yes actually I am looking for a girl name Lily." Someone said. I peaked to see who it was before going back upstairs. "I'm Lily." She replied. You idiot! You're supposed to know what they want and who they are first then introduce yourself. I ran back downstairs and listened carefully. They were talking about her not having parents and can't live alone. Are they taking her house away? That can't happen!

"I heard that you don't have any parents living with you and you're only 15. Is that true? Well then you can't live alone. I believe it's illegal. You need an adult to live here to keep this place." They informed her. There was a moment of silence and I took that chance to jump into the scene. "I'm sorry but you can't take this house." I said emotionlessly. "And why is that?" he questioned. "Because you just can't. You have no rights to take it. She's not going anywhere. She's staying here with me in this house." I explained. He didn't look very satisfied with my answer but just walked away. I hate those people.