Chapter Twenty-Nine: Foolish

Start from the beginning

“I couldn’t agree more.” He nodded. I glared at the traitor. He shrugged as Sasuke ran back towards our two enemies. My heart wrenched in fear for him. Please let him be okay. I could hear Zabuza’s sword scraping against the pavement of the bridge as he neared us. I wiggled out of Kakashi’s grasp, taking a defensive stand.

“Help Sakura protect Tazuna.”

“Bu--”

“Now!” He yelled at me.

I rolled my eyes at my sensei and slowly walked to where Sakura was protecting Tazuna. There was a horrible ache in my chest. All I ever wanted was to become a great ninja. After my parents died, that want became a need. To avenge the lives that were stolen from them. Kakashi was taking that from me.

I felt anger. Not as Kakashi, or even Zabuza. But, at myself.  For being foolish and weak. Foolish to ever think I could be strong enough to stand a chance against the rogue ninja. He’s obviously killed more than his share of people. My record was clean, I’ve never killed. What made me think I could even injure him? There was no doubt in my mind that he was beyond my level of strength.

“Do you actually think a bunch of genin can defeat me, Hatake?”

I huffed as Kakashi went into things that he found special about us. Something about Sasuke being the lone survivor of the Uchiha clan, making him an ‘oh-so-great’ fighter, Sakura’s great analytical talent, and Naruto was apparently the number one hyper-active ninja. I smiled, that much I could agree with.

“And Hitomi is the most headstrong person I know.” I sweat dropped. So much for a confidence boost.

Zabuza chuckled. “Touching speech. Really. That won’t keep you alive, though.” Clashing of weapons  were heard. So, they’ve began. I slightly relaxed and sat down on the cool pavement. All we could do was wait, now.

“You little brat! What are you doing?! You’re supposed to be protecting me!” Tazuna yelled, right into my ear. I groaned and laid down.

“Kakashi can handle him,” I yawned. He let out a sound of annoyance. Sakura kicked me in the side, but I just ignored her. I was still dead tired, I didn’t feel like putting up with her.
__________________________________________________________

A scream filled my ears, jolting me awake. That was no doubt Sakura’s girly scream. I looked around in confusion. Kakashi was standing before Tazuna, with Zabuza’s sword cut deeply into his hand. I winced. I didn’t mean to actually fall asleep.

“Hitomi! How could you!?” Sakura yelled. She was obviously freaking out. Written all over her face was, ‘We’re all going to die, and it’s your fault,’. I rolled my eyes at her. He only received a cut.

They didn’t spare any one else a glance, just went back to fighting. They both looked so focused, and ready to kill. “Sakura, stop your bitching. It’s your fault for letting me fall asleep. Keep Tazuna safe while I go see if Sasuke needs help.”

“No, I’ll--”

“Just, shut up.”

Now, if I could only see through this stupid mist. My feet slowly stumbled over each other to a where large rectangular shadows were. What is that? I heard a slight cry of pain, my pace ever so slightly quickened. Was that Sasuke?

I gasped when everything became clearer. The mist thinned a bit. They were mirrors of ice surrounding Sasuke and Naruto. My heart dropped as a needle stuck into Naruto’s leg.  They both looked worse for wear. I ran forward, to help. But the same figure that helped Zabuza stopped me. The ANBU that was protecting Zabuza.

“Don’t worry about them, they’ll be dead soon enough. You’ll be next.”

“You aren’t touching another hair on their heads. Fight me, instead.” I growled. But, my eyes were pleading. I was close to begging, I couldn’t stand the thought of them hurting. While I was distracting the boy, Sasuke threw a kunai aimed for the middle of Haku’s back. “Foolish,” He muttered, stepping out of the way. There wasn’t any time for me to move, or to process what was happening. The kunai sunk deep into my shoulder, and blood spurted out of the wound. Both of the boys rushed to me, but the boy stopped them.

He began throwing needles at virtual spots in their bodies. They dodged as best as they could, but their moves were getting sloppy and slow.  Both were getting tired.

“Naruto, get up!” Sasuke yelled, voice panicked. I tried to focus through the pain in my shoulder. My vision was a bit blurred, but I could plainly see Naruto on the ground with Naruto sticking from out of his body.

The boy threw another needle, aiming for Naruto’s heart. My heart felt as if it was going to combust. Save him! My mouth was to dry to tell Sasuke. It was impossible for me to force words to come out of my mouth.

Luckily, he dove towards the slightly smaller boy, forcing him out of the needle’s path, which only nicked Sasuke shoulder. Not his worst injury. Sasuke gently laid Naruto on his back, being careful of the needles. He seemed much angrier than before, his body shook a little. Panic flitted through my chest. Has he become too tired?

He looked up with determinacy in his eyes. My mouth dropped open in awe. Sasuke’s eyes had changed from the onyx colored black, to a deep red with two black specks in each eye. He looked more ready for a fight than ever. Like he could take on the world. I only hoped that he could defeat his enemy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUN NA NA! I’m a horrible person/: I feel so bad for not updating!O: And school starts in two days! Which will make it hard to upload. Tear, tear. My excuse: My BEST friend had moved awhile back and we had not had ANY touch whatsoever with each other. She had come back for the summer<3 So, that’s what I did for the past month was hang out with her. I can only upload during the night, when people are sleeping. [My mommy doesn’t know I write, I’d like to keep it that way. I don’t want her to read my stuffO:] Anyways, when she wasn’t over I’d stay up all night on the phone with her and her boyfriend. It was fun while it lasted. And THEN, I got into some stuff with her now ex-boyfriend’s new girlfriend. And, I also got deeply hurt by a boy I cared about</3 AND, that concludes my story. My whole last month of summer. Fun, right? Not. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I hope to update the next one MUCH SOONER! So, look out for that.

Comment&&Vote&&Fun![: MWAH! I love you guys! OooOOoOH! Something else. I have FINALLY reached 100 fans after being on watt pad for a year! I was so happy! Gahh, I love y’all!<3