Chapter Twenty-Four: Guilty Pleasures

Love is a Weakness-A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Twenty-Four: Guilty Pleasures

I awoke the next morning to loud noises coming from the room next to this one. I groaned, wanting to sleep. The worse part of theses noises was that I couldn’t understand them, it was just random noises being made. I sat up, rearranging my hair, trying my hardest to not make it look like mice had hot, wild, passionate sex in my hair.

Still, trying to get the tangles out of my hair, I walked towards the noises. Everyone was immediately quiet when I stepped into view. I felt around my face. Was there something on it? Perhaps a marked on mustache? My hands then went to my hair. Did I just make my hair worse?

Tazuna’s daughter stood up from the table. “Good morning, sweet pea. Would you like something to eat? Here, sit.” She gestured to the chair she had just been sitting at, between Sasuke and Naruto. I was skeptical as I sat down, waiting for someone to explain.

“You’re not going to like what I have to say. But…” Kakashi started. He looked lose for words and somewhat remorseful. What was he trying to say? I started panicking. Whatever he had to say, wasn’t going to be good. Had someone died? Oh my, had Tazuna died? No…his daughter wouldn’t have been that cheery. I looked to Sasuke, who was on my right. He hastily grabbed my hand, lightly squeezing it and rubbing soothing circles with his thumb. I calmed down, a bit. But, my heart was still thrumming faster than a hummingbird could fly.

“Zabuza is still alive.” My heart stopped from the shock. The hand that wasn’t holding Sasuke’s covered my mouth. I felt my heart tear in half. A strangled cry escaped my lips.

“H-how?”

“The ninja only hit some of his pressure points, which put Zabuza in a temporary death. It should be a week before his body fully functions, again.”

A week…In that time I would get stronger. I could be the one to kill him I would be the one to kill him. I just hoped my body healed before the time came. There was a hint of a smile on my lips.

“Bring it on.”

___________________________________

After eating Kakashi thought it would be wise to learn chakra control. He refused to let me join on the exercise, though. I was to watch everyone else. I could’ve died from boredom. Sakura had to teach Naruto what chakra even was, and that it was not pronounced catra.

Afterwards they ran up trees. Sakura perfected it on the first try. I could’ve stabbed her. I hated the smug look that was on her face as she watched Naruto struggle. He’s twice the ninja she would ever be.

“It looks like Sakura will have the better chance at becoming the Hokage, Naruto.” Kakashi smirked. Or at least….I think he did. “Sasuke, didn’t you want to avenge your clan? I guess Sakura will have to do that, as well.”

“Sensei, don’t talk to Sasuke like that!” I rolled my eyes at her. Kakashi was just trying to motivate them. And by the looks of things, it worked.

Both had looks of determination all over their face. They were no longer playing around. Kakashi was carefully assessing them, looking deep in thought. I turned back to the duo. Sasuke had made it further up the tree than Naruto had, but had trouble going up any further. Naruto had gone only three feet up the tree.

I sat down on the ground. It looked as if we’d be here for a while, might as well get comfortable.

Hours ticked by before the sun started to hide behind the horizon. I sighed, watching it disappear. “We should go.” I looked up to see Kakashi’s masked face illuminated by the setting sun making his eye twinkle. If he wasn’t like, a billion years older than me, I would definitely consider him attractive.