Chapter Eight: Hitomi = Friend?

Warning: This is a Sasuke ‘fun-filled’ chapter. Meaning there is plenty of Sasuke. You were warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness- A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Eight: Hitomi=Friend?

“So, Sasuke. Want to train with me?” I asked hopefully. I think I may have used a little to much enthusiasm. Sasuke looked scared. Right, don’t be to happy like cheerleaders.

And I couldn’t be to fake like a Barbie. If I did, he would be able to see right through me. That’s what Sasuke was good at. He could just tell when people were…fake.

“No.” Well, he could at least be nice about it! What’s up with him and rejection? That stuff stings. I guess they’re good pals and probably go way back.

Okay, I am getting delirious. I needed to sit down for a while. “Sit down with me then? It can’t hurt you. I’ll protect you, don’t worry.” I teased and winked. He rolled his eyes and sat down with me.

Yes! Progression made! Not by much, though. But I need what I can get. This is the Uchiha, no one said it was going to be easy.

“So whatcha been up to lately?” I asked nonchalantly. If I wanted to be his friend, I need to get him to talk.

Easy going conversations never hurt anyone. Unless someone decided to physically hurt someone whilst having one of these conversations. But that’s not going to happen here…I hope.

I rid myself of that thought. I had promised myself that I would restrain myself from harming Sasuke. Friends don’t go around attacking each other, right?

The only friend I’ve actually ever had is Naruto. We attack each other all the time. But only because it’s in his nature to do so. He’s only being playful, though. Nothing serious, like I was thinking of.

Sasuke shrugged, obviously not interested in chatter. What’s his problem? Why does he walk around with a stick up his butt?! He needed to learn to live a little and stop being so goddamn stuck up! If only I could put him in his place somehow.

“Sasuke, why do you act like this? Why are you always so stuck up, and treat everyone like dirt? You’re no better than anyone else, you know.” I didn’t say these things to be mean. but out of genuine curiosity.

I was curious to know what made him think he was so much better than all of Konoha. He turned to look at me. His expression was strange. It held so many emotions.

Arrogance, fear, remorse, anger, heartbreak, and a tiny glimmer of hope. There were others, but these outshone the rest. They just stood out.

He stroked my cheek, then looked away. “Who’s to say I’m not?” he whispered. I saw a lone tear escape from his eye before he vanished. Jus what was on the mind of the Uchiha?

I felt bad for Sasuke. So much crap has happened to him, at such an early age. The universe worked in strange ways, and they weren’t fair!

Like me, Sasuke was orphaned at an early age. He knew the love of a mother, the pride of a father, protectiveness of an older brother. But unlike me, his whole clan was killed, everyone he was ever close to-gone.

The only thing I have left in the world is Naruto. Sasuke, he has no one. He’s on his own. How could someone do that? How could someone just kill their whole clan? Their family?

Those poor innocent people. Poor Sasuke.

_____________________________________________

Love is a WeaknessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara