Chapter Five- Apologies and Revenge

BadadeeedumJ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness- A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter 5: Apologies and Revenge

I stretched, getting out of bed. Grabbing a kunai I made my way to the window. My heart was hammering in my chest. What if someone came to kill me? That would be stupid, they would just walk in, right?

Still, I was scared. I have to stop watching all those scary movies…. Another tap made me have a miniature spaz attack. Oh, right. The window. I almost forgot about it.

I opened it, looking for the source of the sound. Well,  there weren’t any tree branches around, so I knew it couldn’t be that. “Hello?” I whispered out into the darkness. God, I hope no one was out there and I was just hearing things.

“Hey.” I blacked out.
_____________________________________________

“Hitomi?” I felt a slap on my cheek. Not a soft one, either.

“Ouch!” my eyes opened to a very familiar blonde. I slapped him.

“What was that for?!” Naruto yelled.

“For scaring me half to death!” I slapped him again. “That on was for slapping me.” I punched him in the arm. “That was for making me loose sleep two nights in a row!” I pounced on him and hit him on the head. “And that one was for going all obsessive and protecting the stupid fan girl!”

By this time you could only imagine how out of breath I was.

He was staring at me wide eyed while I was sitting on him. I guess he wasn’t expecting that. Good. It made the revenge even better. I smiled down at him. I felt a whole lot better now.

“Ow.’ he said in a delayed reaction. I smirked at the blonde.

“So, what are you doing here, anyways?” I asked getting off of him.

I sat down on my bed waiting for an explanation.  He laughed awkwardly and rubbed his neck.

“I cam here to say sorry for earlier. Looks like that’s not the only thing I need to apologize for, though.”

I shrugged. I had already forgiven him, he didn’t have to apologize. I didn’t tell him that, though. It wouldn’t hurt to hear it.

He sighed, readying himself for his apology. “I’m sorry for scaring you half to death. I’m sorry for slapping you. I’m super sorry for making you loose sleep over me, two nights in a row. And I’m sorry for protecting Sakura and going madder than the mad hatter on you. Am I forgiven?” he gave me puppy dog eyes. Gah! He knows I cant resist that face! Best if I just look away and ignore him

Yeah, that’s what I’ll do. I turned my head and pretended to ponder his offer. I could tell he was getting impatient by the way he was fidgeting around. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from giggling.

It was fun torturing Naruto. Next thing I knew I was lying on my back, with Naruto pinning me down. I struggled under him and tried to throw him off of me, but he was heavy!

“Fine! I forgive you!” I gasped, eager to get him off of me. He chuckled and laid down next to me.

I was fighting against fatigue, but wanted to stay awake with Naruto. We were always together, sure. But we hardly got time alone anymore.

This was nice, hanging out with my best friend.

“So Naruto, what was your motive of coming here so-” A yawn interrupted me, “late at night?”

He just shrugged his shoulders. “Go to sleep. We can talk in the morning.”

“No! I want to stay up and talk with you!” I pouted like a five year old.

“I’m going to sleep, too. So, there won’t be anyone to stay up with you.”

“Fine, but only if you stay here.” I didn’t want him to leave yet. We didn’t fight often, but when we did it made me feel empty.

Like I didn’t have anything in my chest. Just this big gaping hole.

Naruto yawned quite loudly. “Okay. Sounds good to…” he was asleep before he even finished his sentence. I smiled, typical Naruto.

“Good night, Naruto.” I whispered, careful not to wake him. I slowly fell asleep next to him.
________________________________________

The next morning I awoke earlier than I intended to. The reason? Naruto’s arm was draped over my face and he had taken the entire blanket.

I couldn’t breathe and was freezing cold. If he was only somebody else, I would have butchered him.

I woke him up by whacking him on the head, instead. He cried out in pain as he shot up from his laying position, clutching his head. “What was that for?!” he cried out. Rocking back and forth, still holding his head.

“You woke me up in an unpleasant manor. Thought I’d return the favor.”

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled.

“Hn.” I better not start saying that all the time. Stupid Sasuke. I walked to the kitchen, grabbing something to eat. Cereal was the lucky candidate this morning.

I was two bowls down, busy making another when Naruto walked in.

“Wh-what are you doing?!” he yelled at me in surprise.

“What’s it look like, idiot? Eating.”

“Didn’t you listen to Kakashi at all yesterday?!”

“Well, no.” I shook my head. What was the big deal? All I was doing was eating. What did Kakashi have to do with this?

“Well, if you eat breakfast, then you’ll throw up on today’s mission! Believe it!” he yelled even louder.

“Naruto, the neighbors are st- I’ll what?!” It took a minute for what he said to sink in. I started spitting as if to rid the morning meal from my system.

He looked relieved, as if he saved me. He grabbed my bowl and disposed of it.

“Well, it’s a good thing you didn’t eat any of it. I’m a hero, Hitomi! You should be thanking me!” he grinned in triumph.

Some hero he was. He showed up two bowls to late. I started rolling on the floor, clutching my stomach. “Hitomi?”

“I didn’t eat any of that bowl! I two other bowls though!” I cried out.

I was freaking out. What was I going to do? I liked to keep my food in my stomach. I don’t want to be reminded of what I ate, later! What did Kakashi have planned that was going to make me throw up?! I didn’t like him already. Stupid old bastard.

Naruto started running around, flailing his arms. It was quite clear he was freaking out, too.

Why couldn’t I have listened, for once in my life?! I had a feeling that I was going to be in a heap of trouble later. And it wasn’t going to be from Kakashi. I felt sorry for my future self. Poor, poor me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom…..Sigh. She cut my bangs to short! (Flip out attack) Gah, horrible.
Smh. Anyways, blah blah bleh blah enjoyed. Commnet, vote, fan. Lol, I’m feeling lazy. My inner Shikamaru is coming out! By writing this I was procrastinating doing my homework. Must find something else I can procrastinate with!
:D And if you are wondering. My dedication goes to one of my amazing fans, who is writing an amazing story. Her friend told her it was boring, and lame. What a shame! I have a feeling that she is a horrible friend. Yes, you do need honest opinions with friends, but she could have said it less mean if that’s what she thought! Grr, I think it’s amazing and she enjoys writing it, that’s all that counts!
I’m stopping this end of chapter ramble and going to find ways to procrastinate! Bye!