Chapter Twenty Five - In which the Weasleys leave with a bang

Start from the beginning

I can't keep doing this. If we're going to do this, we're going to do it right. We're going to be open and honest with each other. So if he's had enough with me, he's going to have to tell me himself and even then I doubt I will be convinced. 

So good luck George Weasley. You're the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm not about to let you go without a fight. 

Stalking out of the greenhouse, I'm oblivious to the objections, ignoring the sound of Professor Sprout's calls. The worst she could do is give me a detention, but that perhaps would mean George would actually have to talk to me. His attention always wafts in my direction when I'm about to put myself in danger or trouble.

Practically running towards the common room, my mind races with all the different ways he's been pushing my buttons recently. Yet when I do finally come face to face with him, my throat seizes. All the bravery I built up suddenly vanishes and I regret this decision immediately. 

I can't confront him.

Everytime I think about it, I end up feeling vulnerable and weak. What right do I have to be annoyed with his actions when I've been keeping my own secrets? Yes, Dumbledore asked me to keep the truth to myself, but that doesn't mean it hasn't effected our relationship. What made me think I could do this? 

I've been running from confronting the truth my whole life; this was never going to be successful. 

My eyes harden as I meet his. His casual lean on the sofa falters as he notices me.

If there's anyone I would tell the truth to, it's him. But what part of the truth can I tell him without endangering his life? It would be selfish of me to jeapordize what Dumbledore has planned for a personal gain. A part of me knows that even if that wasn't the case, I would have difficulty telling him everything

I'm scared. 

After spending my life trying to stop people from finding out the truth about me, the prospect of opening up to someone completely and honestly is too hard for me to comprehend right now. Knowing that I'm about to walk into an argument; my lip quivers. One thought runs through my mind on repeat as I walk further into the room; I thought we had more time.

"Oh hey Lily!" Fred greets cheerfully when he spots me. I give him a small smile but it must not have been convincing as he frowns at me. "I guess you two have some talking to do. I'll come get you in like 5 minutes yeah George?" Fred says clapping his hands together.

My eyes narrow at his casual statement, but Fred doesn't clarify his meaning as he gives my shoulder a small squeeze before leaving. There's no hiding anymore, it's just George and I left.

"Where are you going in five minutes?" I question, not really knowing where else to start.

"Nowhere," George replies immediately, his own eyes hardening too. 

"Just tell me George. I can handle it," I say, my façade threatening to break with every passing second. The irrational part of my brain considers the likelihood of him going to meet that fourth year again. To continue with whatever it was I interrupted them doing. Though the rational, sensible part of me tries to reason the logical motivations that could effect my boyfriend's actions, it's quickly drowned out.

"It's none of your business," George says briskly causing my fists to clench tightly.

"If it's to do with you then it is my business. I want to know where you're going," my voice becomes louder as I glare at him. 

"Oh yeah? And what about when I want to know about you. About why you've become so distant lately. About the secrets you're keeping from me? Do I get a say about that?" George asks coolly, folding his arms. My heart thuds in my chest.