Chapter 13 - The Advantages of Being Sick

Erza's POV

It was over. The torture that Jellal had to endure was over. No more Zeref. No more killing. No more gangs. Jellal could now be free and I didn't have to worry for him because I knew how hard it was for him. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I walked to my first period class, until I realised I was getting the results of the maths test back. I sat down in usual seat by the window, since none of my close friends are in the class with me, and waited for the bell.

Ding, Ding, Ding! More students poured in and finally the teacher came. Fortunately, it was Makarov and he wasn't too strict.

"Alright class, settle down" he called and stood on his table at the front.

Everyone quickly shut up, knowing that if you don't, Makarov will make you.

"Now, I'm going to give back the tests that we did on Friday. If you didn't pass, I would like to see you after class" Makarov said.

He jumped off the table and walked around the class room, giving out the maths test. When he finally got to my table, he dumped my test on it with and unimpressed look. I sighed. What can I say? I'm not the best at maths.

"Not as good as I expected, Erza" Makarov said before walking to the next table.

With a frown, I looked down at my test.

20%??!!

What?! How did I get that? If it was 40%, I would understand but 20%? Great, I can't believe I didn't pass maths, again. I put my test aside and do the questions that are written on the board. The questions are pretty easy and I get through them pretty quick.

Minutes later, the bell rang and students ran out the doors to their next period. I slowly got my books and waited for Makarov. After he finished talking to two other students who failed, I walked up to his desk. He sat on his chair behind the desk and clasped his hands together.

"Now Erza, it seems this was your worst test but I have seen you do well on this subject in class. What's wrong?" Makarov asked concerned.

"Nothing. I just... had a really busy and stressful week last week" I told him, which was most of the truth.

Makarov nodded. "Well, I hope this week will be better. Since I know you did well on that subject, I won't make you do the test again... but I want you to try your hardest on the next test, okay?" he smiled in a friendly way, which I always liked about him.

"Of course, Gramps" I said.

'Gramps' was what everyone called Makarov, since he was short and looked like a grandpa. He nodded at me and I said good bye before walking out the door. I rushed to my next class, science and sat down next to Jellal. The teacher started giving out the assignments that we have to do.

"You okay?" Jellal asked, having sensed my down mood.

"Yeah, just did really bad on my maths test" I replied and pretended I was listening to the teacher so I wouldn't get told off.

We were then put into pairs for the science assignment which was on the body systems. Jellal and I, who were partners, chose to do a story about the digestive system.

"-Then we could say how it goes down the oesophagus and into the stomach" I was saying my idea for the assignment.

I was doing hand gestures like people do when they are explaining things. When I looked at Jellal, I noticed he wasn't really paying attention.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I'm just feeling sick. Is it alright if I go to sickbay?" he replied.