Chapter 3 - The Date

Erza's POV

I was awoken by the squealing of Lucy. She ran into my bedroom and started bouncing on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up. It was only 7 in the morning, on a Sunday, so I wasn't feeling too awake.

"Erza! Erza! Erza! It's Sunday, and you know what that means. Not only do I have a date but you have one too!" Lucy started screaming.

My eyes shot wide open. That's right: today I had my date with Jellal.

* Flashback *

Ring Ring, Ring Ring.

What the hell? Who could be calling at 12:00? People are meant to be sleeping now.

Ring Ring, Ring Ring.

I quickly picked up the phone before it woke up Lucy. I didn't even bother to check the caller ID when I took the call.

"Hello?" I asked quietly.

"Hi Erza. It's me, Jellal," he said.

"Oh. What do you want?" I lamely asked. I face palmed. Why did I have to be so blunt and rude?

"I just wanted to ask you if you would go on a date with me tomorrow or today, I mean. Basically on Sunday, today," Jellal told me.

"I'm sorry for such late notice but I couldn't wait to see you again. Maybe at 5:00pm I could pick you up?" he continued. He couldn't wait to see me? That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.

"5:00 sounds great. Where is it?" I asked curiously.

"It's a surprise. I'll pick you up anyway so you don't have to worry. I also know your address so don't worry about that either," Jellal told me.

"Okay, thank you. I guess I'll see you then. Bye," I said.

"Good bye. I love you," Jellal said and hung up a second later.

Oh my god. That was the best phone call in my life. Now I need to get some sleep so I can be ready for my date.

* End Flashback *

"Wait a second. How do you know that I have a date today?" I asked Lucy. I never actually told her I did because I got the call at midnight.

"Um. I may or may not have been listening to a call last night," Lucy admitted.

I sighed but didn't bother telling her off about how she needs her sleep. She ignored me and when I stopped talking, she started rambling on.

"So, it's at 5:00pm so you have plenty of time. I'm going out with Natsu at 4:00pm. My clothes are all sorted on my bed because I want to be ready. I have to wear something casual but not too casual," she droned on and on.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her. Like Lucy, I had to sort out clothes as well. I know what you're thinking, "you have like, 10 hours!", but I had to be ready as well. I got out of bed and headed to my closet. What should I wear? Casual but not too casual? Jellal didn't even give me details so I have no clue of what we are doing.

"Erza? Sorry, I shouldn't have been rambling on," she apologised and then she jumped up. "Are you choosing clothes now? I can help you! We can also call Juvia and Mirajane to help."

I opened my mouth to say "no" but she already ran off with her phone. Oh well, at least I'll get expert advice. I returned back to looking for clothes. Maybe a casual dress? Maybe a blue dress to match Jellal's hair? Oh god, now I'm sounding creepy.

"Erza! We're here to help," I heard a female voice call.

I turned around to see Juvia, Mirajane and Levy enter my bedroom.