Chapter 1 - Erza

Erza's POV

"Wait up, Erza!" Lucy shouted.

I huffed and stopped so the blonde girl could catch up. She really needs to get into shape.

"The bell is about-" I started but got cut off. Ding Ding Ding!

"- to ring now" I finished. I quickly grabbed Lucy's hand and pulled her – with my super strength – and we entered the classroom.

We hastily apologised for our lateness and luckily, we had Mr Dreyar, who insisted we call him Gramps. He was old but really nice, and drunk most of the time. There weren't any spare seats that were next to each other so I went to one side of the room and Lucy took a seat on the other side.

Let me give you a brief description of myself. My name is Erza Scarlet and there's not much that you need to know about me except that I have a bad past. I go to Fairy Tail High School. Lucy is one of my friends, along with Natsu and Gray.

"I'm sorry I'm late" a deep voice apologised. I turned to the front and my breath hitched.

It was him. Jellal. He had blue spiky hair, brown eyes and a red tattoo on the right side of his face. I had a crush on him for a long time but he doesn't seem to like me that way.

"Not good, Mystogan, but I'll let it pass" Mr Dreyar said. Mystogan nodded and took a seat.

Mystogan. How did I not realise? Mystogan was Jellal's twin brother. He was quieter and always covered his face, except for now. I watched as he got out his book and silently did the work. Then he covered his handsome face. Wait, did I say handsome? I didn't mean it. Argh, what's wrong with me?

Time flew by and it was time for my favourite subject... drama!

"Alright class. You are going to be given a script and you will present it at the end of class. Oh, and you'll be in pairs" Mr Rabian announced.

"These are your pairs. Erza and Jellal, Lucy and Gajeel, Levy and Gray-" Mr Rabian walked around and gave people their scripts as he said each pair.

Great, I'm with Jellal. I don't know if that was sarcastic or not. Jellal sat in the chair next to me and we stared at the script... and stared... and stared. Romeo and Juliet. That was the play we had to do.

"Let's get started" I told Jellal with no enthusiasm.

We practised for the whole class and presented it at the end. The whole time we were working together, I couldn't get the blush off my face but I don't think Jellal noticed. It was hard to do my wonderful acting skills when he was right beside me, no, touching me. Soon, the bell rang and everyone went out for lunch.

"Good job in drama, Erza" Lucy said.

"Yeah. You were red as a tomato" Gray added.

"It wasn't that hot, was it?" Natsu asked before I could kill Gray.

"It was pretty warm in there" Gray said.

"Was that why you stripped?" Natsu shot back.

"You couldn't feel the warmth because of your hot headed brain" Gray retorted.

BANG! I bashed their heads together and they collapsed on the floor.

"Stop fighting. It's annoying" I stated and glared at them. They cowered away with fear.

"Y-yes Erza" they obediently replied.

It's so nice seeing them getting along well. I smiled and went over to the cafeteria, with them following me. When it was my turn in line, I ordered a pasta bake and a strawberry cheesecake. One thing you should know: my favourite food is strawberry cheesecake.

"Hey, I heard that Gajeel is having a party this weekend. Levy told me today" Lucy said.

"Are you going?" Gray asked. Lucy nodded and we all decided that we would all go.

"I'm sorry!" I heard a female voice cry. Who was that? We turned our heads to see the 'Raijinshu' gang bullying Laki.

The 'Raijinshu' gang, who were the popular kids, consisted of their leader Laxus and Evergreen, Bickslow and Freed. I watched as they pushed Laki just for spilling water on Laxus. Laki had purple hair and glasses, and was considered a nerd. Without me knowing, my hand clenched into a fist. I stood up and stormed over to them.

"Hey! Let Laki go!" I shouted.

"What are you gonna do about it?" Laxus smirked.

"Yeah, red haired freak" Evergreen sneered. Evergreen and I had a little rival thing going on about being Miss Fairy Tail of Fairy Tail High School.

"I don't know why you are bullying Laki. If it's because she has glasses, don't forget you have glasses too" I reminded Evergreen. She glared at me and stuck her nose in the air.

"Yeah! Leave Laki alone" Natsu demanded and Lucy helped Laki stand up.

I looked around to see Natsu, Lucy and Gray stare down the 'Raijinshu' gang. Four against four. Laxus looked around at a crowd that gathered and then at teachers approaching. You see, Laxus was the grandson of Makarov Dreyar so if he got in trouble, he's dead meat.

"This isn't over" Laxus snarled and stormed away with his followers on his tail.

"Thank you" Laki said.

"No problem. They shouldn't treat you – or anyone – like that" I said. Then she excused herself to the library and I decided that I had to get back to my strawberry cheesecake.

When I got back to our table, something horrible made my eyes widen.

My strawberry cheesecake was squashed.

"Who. Did. This?" I asked in a scary voice and narrowed my eyes at everyone. You could see everyone visibly gulp and it was pretty funny. Slowly some people pointed at Cana, who was carelessly drinking from a barrel or alcohol.

"Cana" I growled with steam coming out of my ears.

"Hey Erza, wassup?" she slurred in her drunk state.

I cracked my knuckles. Cana smiled sheepishly and started backing away. I knew she didn't do it on purpose; she was drunk. But another thing you should know about me: if you touch my strawberry cheesecake, you're dead. Cana got really scared and ran away but I just chased her, around the whole school.

"I'm gonna kill you, Cana" I cried.

Then I froze. There was a tingling sensation in the back of my neck. This whole time during lunch, I felt like someone was watching me. I turn around and see Jellal sitting with his friends, Ultear and Meredy. He wasn't facing my way but I had a feeling he had been watching me.

"Strawberry cheesecake" I said out loud.

How could I forget? I must avenge my strawberry cheesecake! That got me angry again so I ran off to catch Cana and Jellal slipped my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There is my new fanfiction that I am writing for a competition. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Please Vote and Comment!! Thanks for reading :D