Chapter 10 - A Fun Day Out

Erza's POV

Wednesday. Smack bang in the middle of the school week. I had nothing interesting; just planning to go home and relax. A yawn escaped my mouth and I tried to cover it as the teacher glared at me. His boring lecture droned on and on until the bell released us from torture. I quickly grabbed my books and ran to my locker. I opened my locker, got my bag and pushed through the crowd of people.

"See ya Lucy!" I called.

"Bye Erza" she replied. It was a normal school day, with people shouting bye to each other.

I hefted my bag higher on my shoulder and walked out the school gates. Before I got very far, someone's hand was on my shoulder.

"Hey Erza" Jellal smiled.

"Hey. What's up?"

"I was wondering if you would go out with me?" he asked.

"As in a date?"

"Yeah, we've only been on one and the second one didn't go to plan" he rubbed his neck sheepishly.

A grin spread on my face and my heart jumped with excitement. "Of course I would love to go on a date with you. Also remember that I forgave you with the second date."

"Thanks Erza, I'll pick you up at 4:30 today" he kissed my cheek before dashing off.

"Wait..." I trailed off.

Fantastic, that's all the information I get? I don't even get a where we're going? Or what to wear? Of course, that's what most dates are, surprises. I'm just hoping that this date will turn out better than the last one. But you know what they say: third time's the charm. This will hopefully be the best date out of the three, hopefully.

I head home and go to my bedroom. I'll just worry about clothes later. I jumped on my bed and started doing homework. There was two assignments to finish and some revision for a test. What a busy high school life. I finished some of the homework and then just browsed my phone. Music was blasting in my room but I felt the vibration of my phone telling me I got a text.

'Wear something comfortable and easy to move around in'
- Jellal

Something comfortable? At least that gave me an idea of what we could be doing. Probably something that involved moving around. Like, maybe rock climbing or something like that.

When it was 4, I took a shower and looked at the clothes in my wardrobe. I settled on knee-high leggings and a grey singlet top. Since it was kind of plain, I put on a fancy black cardigan. Then I put my red hair in a high ponytail and wore some black sneakers. I put on minimal make up and admired myself in the mirror.

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang and I opened the door to find Jellal standing there.

"Hey Jellal" my face lit up when I saw him there.

"Hi Erza. So, are you ready?" he asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be" I said as I locked the door behind me.

As I faced him again, I realised how close he was; only a few inches away. I moved my eyes from his and basically, checked him out. He was wearing a casual t-shirt and pants but his blue hair was gelled up nicely. I also noticed that he seemed to be checking me out.

"You look beautiful" Jellal said in a husky voice.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself" I replied.

"I know" he grinned cheekily. "Let's go."

I followed him into his car and we drove off. We just chatted as trees and buildings past the window. I was curious as to where we were heading but I didn't ask any questions, even though I was desperate to know.

"We're here" Jellal announced.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and looked out the window to see an ice skating centre. Great, I suck at ice skating. It's probably the worst sports for me since I have bad balance. I got out of the car and walked with Jellal.

"Are you excited?" Jellal asked.

"Well, I'm not the best at ice skating so... no" I said guiltily.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you have a good time" he smirked with a cheeky glint in his eyes.

We entered the building and got our ice skates. Putting them on is easy enough - they're just shoes, but walking in them, I can't do it. I stood up and immediately grabbed the railing. My legs started trembling but I grabbed onto Jellal's hand. He led me over to the rink and I got jealous that he could walk so well in these shoes.

"You feeling okay, Erza?" he asked.

"Yeah, sorry" I apologised after realising I was squeezing his hand to hard.

"You'll be fine" he assured me with a small kiss.

When we got onto the ice, my heart started racing rapidly and I felt like I was going to slip. I gripped onto the side rail and Jellal put a steady hand on my back. The warmth and sparks from his touch went through my top. I brushed the feeling aside and moved my way along the outside of the rink. Nice and easy. Breathe in, breathe out.

"You know, if you go on at that speed, you won't get anywhere" Jellal smirked.

I flipped him off and kept taking small steps. I was getting somewhere; about a metre or so since I got onto the rink.

"Here, grab my hand" Jellal offered.

I shook my head stubbornly and kept going. No matter what, I will make it. Jellal ice skated next to me at the same pace. He looked like he was going really slowly but if I looked at myself, I bet I was going even slower.

"Stop being stubborn and hold my hand" Jellal demanded, in a nice tone though.

I carefully let go of the rail and grabbed his hand. Turning my head around, I saw that I hadn't done a lot of progress.

"Now, move your feet like this" he instructed and I watched as he pushed his feet out to the side and moved forward gracefully. "Now you try."

I did as he said and after stumbling a bit, I managed to do better than before. With Jellal's hand in mine, we ice skated around the rink slowly before speeding up.

"See? You're doing it Erza!"

He spun me around and I let out a shriek. As we went faster, I tried to stop but that caused me to trip and fall over. I screamed as I was falling onto the ice.

"Erza!" Jellal cried as he tried to catch me. Key word: tried.

I fell on top of him and we both landed on the ice. He probably had a sore butt now and me, I was feeling fine. I let out a sigh; there goes all my good practice. I climbed off Jellal but decided to stay sitting on the ice. People skating past looked at us weirdly and I would too; I mean, we're two teenagers sitting on the middle of an ice rink.

"Come on, up we get" Jellal said and stood up. I didn't want to get in trouble by the guards but I couldn't be bothered getting up.

I pouted and Jellal offered his hand to me. He helped me up and we just looked into each other's eyes before laughing at our childish behaviour.

"That was so much fun" I said.

Jellal agreed and we exited the rink since it was time to go. I didn't want to leave because I actually achieved something today. I learnt how to ice skate and there was that amazing adrenaline rush of the wind rippling through my hair. It felt like there was not a care in the world when I'm with Jellal. If only it was always like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came back from camp recently so that's why the update took a bit longer. I'm also sorry about that short filler chapter! I promise the next will be longer and better! Please VOTE!!! COMMENT!!! Love ya :)