Chapter 12 - One chance or we're screwed

Erza's POV

I felt like I was over the moon, in the sky, so high that no troubles could reach me. It felt so care free and relaxing. Mostly because of yesterday and how Jellal is now my boyfriend. I felt like I was over the rainbow and like I was on top of the world.

Too bad all that could come crashing back down if today goes wrong. It was the day when Jellal and I would try to put Zeref in jail. If something went wrong, even one small slip up, we could be dead. That's why we had to be very careful and right now, I was very nervous. I put a smile on my face and walked to my last class of the day. It was also a good day because it was Friday and everyone loves Fridays, since they lead to the weekends.

"Hey Erza. Are you okay?" Lucy asked me as we sat down for Maths.

I just nodded since my voice didn't seem to work. My hands started getting sweaty and clammy even though the actual plan was going to unfold a few hours later.

Maths was nothing special since we just did revision for a test we would have next week. Lucy and I worked through the worksheets quickly and before I knew it, the bell went to signal the end of the day. People rushed out of the classrooms and once I got my books, I joined them. I reached my locker and quickly got my bag.

"Bye Erza" Lucy and Natsu shouted across the hall as usual.

"Bye Lucy and Natsu" I shouted a reply back.

I locked my locker and hoisted my bag higher on my left shoulder. Now, all I have to do is find Jellal so we can get Zeref in jail! Just thinking of it gets me excited, and nervous.

"Jellal?" I asked unsurely when I saw him heading to the other end of the corridor.

His eyes flickered to the door before coming over to me.

"What is it?" he asked.

I let out a breath. "Today's the day."

"I know."

"So, let's go" I started.

He grabbed my hand before I could move and shook his head. By this time, most people had already left school.

"What do you mean 'let's go'?" Jellal questioned.

I fiddled with my fingers under his uncomfortable stare. You see, he didn't exactly know I was going with him and he didn't exactly want me to go with him so... you can see the problem.

"Erza? Answer my question" he demanded.

"I'm coming with you."

"No you're not" he growled.

"You can't tell me what to do!" I yelled and threw my hands in the air.

I was frustrated, more than frustrated. Who is he to tell me what I can and can't do? Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't protect myself. Wow, this is like our first couples fight, how nice.

Jellal's eyes softened and he sighed. "Erza, I just don't want you getting hurt."

Didn't I already discuss this in my mind?

"I'm a big girl, Jellal. I can look after myself and you know that."

"Please listen to me for once and just don't come. I'm doing this for your safety."

"What do you mean 'just this once'? I have been listening to you but I'm a tough girl. I'm going with you whether you like it or not and that's final!"

Jellal sucked in a breath and thought for a while. I knew that he knew that I wouldn't change my mind. Finally, his mouth broke into a small smile.

Sweeter Than Strawberry Cake (Jerza)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें