Chapter 5

Hard revenge filled eyes watched Roman with a hateful gaze. Time was ticking by and plans were being set in motion. Even now as the vengeful man stared at one of his targets, blowing a ring of smoke from his parted lips, murder was on his mind. He smirked devilishly, jealousy and envy a dark cloud shrouding his heart.

He threw his blunt onto the V.I.P. floor and stomped on it before standing, his angry gaze blinking. He would let Roman have his night of fun.
-------------------------------------

Roman laughed at Dante as he tried to bag a girl that showed no interest in him. After a while, Dante came back with a smirk on his face. He plopped down onto the sofa across from Roman, taking a swig of the liquor in his cup.

"Pay up." Roman said, sticking out his hand.

Dante cursed underneath his breath before pulling out a twenty and placing it into Roman's hand.

"She wasn't my type no way." Dante mumbled.

Roman laughed again, "Yeah...okay. Keep telling yourself that."

The music seemed to pulse through the floor, the walls and even the furniture. Club Ensemble was new and popping and was also a project that Dante had invested in. His investment had been a good one.

The place was filled to the hilt with model like woman, plus-sized and skinny alike. Dudes of every nationality kicked it on the dance floor and bought women drinks at the bar.

The beat suddenly dropped and the crowd on the dance floor seemed to ascend into an excited oblivion. Roman smirked, the vodka in his glass burning dully as it traveled down his throat. Dante got up, heading for the dance floor. Roman watched him go, chuckling at the way his best friend seemed to always enjoy himself.

Roman downed the last of his glasses contents and frowned when he realized that the liquor did nothing to dull the ache within his chest. He refilled his glass and took big gulps, frowning when the alcohol began to taste like nothing.

He slammed the glass onto the table before him. He was agitated. He needn't a distraction. He leaned back, letting his eyes travel through the groups of women around him. He searched silently for someone that interested him. His mind suddenly conjured up an image of Essence and he growled. He stood then, heading for the bar, deciding that staying in one spot for too long was not helping him or his wayward thoughts. He moved through the crowd, passing women who sent appreciative glances in his direction.

He made it to the bar and ordered a shot of Patron. The bartender placed it in front of him and he took it to the head. Suddenly a strong feminine fragrance assaulted his nostrils and he frowned up, the scent was overwhelming.

"Excuse me? Are you taken?" An overly girly voice whispered in his ear over the loud music. He sighed before casting a bored look toward the woman. She was tall with neat box braids in an almost perfect bun. She was dressed in a tight fitting pale pink dress that stopped at her hips, if the dress were any shorter her underwear would be on display. Her makeup was flawless, her lips pouty, her eyes filled with greedy lust.

He licked his suddenly dry lips. She would have to do, he thought as he cast a smirk in her direction.

Essence walked into club Ensemble and made a beeline for the bar. Her fake ID was held firmly in her eighteen year old hand. She needed something, anything to numb the pain that was pulsating throughout her hidden skin. Tonya was on her heels, giddy excitement had her dancing all the way to the bar.

She ordered whiskey. Straight whiskey. The bartender swiftly filled her request and placed it on the counter before her. She thanked him before gulping down the strong brown liquid. It burned going down before slamming into the pit of her empty stomach. Tonya stayed beside her though it was obvious that she wanted to venture off onto the dance floor.

"Go dance. I'll be out in a sec." Essence pushed Tonya toward the crowded area and she hesitated for a moment before going.

Essence sighed, she was hurting much too bad to even think about dancing tonight. The thought of someone accidently brushing up against her had her cringing. She was utterly in pain. The constant ache of her bruises and welts becoming more and more apparent by the minute. She ordered another whiskey and swallowed it down, trying to numb the pain she felt.

The liquor didn't seem to be helping and she frowned at the thought of drinking any further. She leaned against the bar, refusing to sit down on the bar stool.

"How you doin'?" A deep gravelly voice asked her from behind.

She looked behind her, a scowl on her face. "I'm not interested." She said truthfully.

The man behind her was sweaty, his teeth covered in gold and silver, a fade on his head and a stench that was attributed to alcohol, sweat and weed.

"Why you playin games girl?" He slurred, getting closer and closer to her.

He reached out and touched her firmly on the back, coming into contact with a fresh welt. She cried out, unable to hold it in. "Ow!" She gasped as he ran his large sweaty hand down her back. She flinched away but it was too late, tears pricked her eyes once again for the umpteenth time that night.

Roman drowned out the woman's voice, hearing a voice that was familiar to him. He turned, his eyes searching the crowd on the dance with newfound interest. When he saw no one he recognized he returned his gaze to the woman beside him. He heard the pain filled gasp once again and he turned around, his back facing the woman beside him, his eyes once again searched through the crowd, frantic to find the source of the familiar voice.

And just as he thought he was losing his mind he heard it again, a pained cry of discomfort that had him moving away from the woman beside him. His eyes locked in on the source of his attention and he frowned up. Essence was across the bar, a grimace on her face, her eyes glossy.

For a second he felt petty, thinking to himself, that her obvious discomfort was none of his concern. But the sound of her voice whimpering seemed to be much louder than the pulsating music pumping around him. He cursed himself for being so thirsty her and her wellbeing before pushing his way through the crowd, the woman he had left at the bar staring at his back with disbelief and wounded pride.

Essence flinched forward, trying to garner herself some space. She wrapped her arms around her herself, sniffling. She sent the overbearing sweaty man a glare, though her eyes were filled with unshed tears gave her more of a pouty stare. The man grinned at her, his teeth shinning in the bar lights as he reached for her again.

She smacked at his hands, "Keep your hands to yourself!" She shouted over the music blaring through the speakers.

The man tsked, his tongue smacking the roof of his mouth and flicking off of his teeth. "Aww...come on baby girl. I'm just trying to holla at ya!" He said on a lustful smirk, reaching for her again despite her protesting.

"Stop! Get your hands off me!" She snapped again, pressing her back into the bar table to avoid the stickiness of his touch. Just as she thought that she would be fighting with this man all night a deep, warm, familiar voice growled over her shoulder.

"The lady doesn't want you touching her, what part of that don't you understand?"

*Comment, like and share!*