Chapter 3

Roman shook the hands of his chief of media. Things were going well for him, his clubs were making more money than he anticipated.

"Thank you. We'll have the advertisement drawn up and ready to go in no time." The suit clad man said before him.

"Same time next week?" Roman asked with a casual smile on his face.

"You know it." With that the man walked out of the room.

Roman sighed, sitting on the edge of his desk, he ran a hand over his fresh cut. Today had been a long day. Sleep had been evading him. He was restless. His mind was constantly wandering to places it shouldn't be.

He was dreaming of her. How long would it take to cleanse himself of her? How many women would he have to bed to forget her touch?

He grimaced. He had a new body in his bed almost every night. He found himself trying to fill up the empty space where she used to belong with easy sex and pretty faces. This was ridiculous...It had been two years since he had last seen her and yet still she lingered in his mind. She constantly danced in his thoughts like a tune never forgotten.

He sighed again before unbuttoning his shirt a bit, exposing his collar bone. He rolled up his sleeves to his forearms, his brown skin gleaming in contrast with the clean white shirt he donned.

His office door suddenly shot open and his head shot up.

He smirked as his eyes fell onto his intruder. "Dante...why don't you ever knock?"

Dante tsked, walking into the room with a quiet confidence. "What would I be knocking for?"

Roman chuckled. Dante was his best friend. They had struggled together, hungered together and gave encouragement to each other when the world around them seemed heartless. They had headed the drug game two years ago and had gotten out together as well. Dante had a dark mocha colored complexion. He was tall and sported a clean shaven goatee. He was free spirited and always had a smile on his face. He was good looking, women were always on his arm and he was known to be a fool when it came to a pretty face. Though they were both twenty-one their personalities were nothing alike and their hood royalty status always seemed a growing yearn for the others around them.

"That's ya problem, your ass has no chill." Roman commented before standing and walking over to give his friend dap.

Dante laughed, throwing his head back with the force of it. "That's not what ya momma was saying last night."

Roman punched him in the arm, "I'm telling her you said that."

Dante's hands shot up, the color draining from his mocha complexion. "Naw...you know I'm just playing, dang...you know your mom's is crazy."

Roman sat down in his chair, giving his best friend the side eye. "What you want Dante?"

"What you mean what I want? A brotha can't come through and holla at his homie?" Dante said with a wounded look.

"Naw. I know you better than that. What's really good?"

Dante's smirk quickly turned into a grin. "There's a party tonight."

Roman rolled his eyes to the ceiling. "Isn't there always?"

"We going."

"You not gone ask me if I want to attend? You just gone force me into it, huh?" Roman asked with feigned upset.

"You already know."

"Ai'ight Dante...but since you just barging into my place of business and demanding stuff, yo ass buying me lunch." Roman said as he grabbed his phone off the desk and snatched his jacket off the back of his chair.