17. The house of Blackwell

Soren, got me out. He told me his name after he put me in his car and we took of with a roaring engine. I wasn't able to speak or move. I was still frozen still covering Amber with my arms. She started crying in the car and I couldn't do anything to calm her. Maybe after everything I  finally went into shock. A baby in a car without a traveling carrier wasn't safe but I could only hear Damian's threatening voice. He was going to kill Isabell, my parents, Liam. Everybody and It was all my fault. My stupid 19 year old self with her love for the bad guys. 

"We are here... Lillith. Can you walk?" Soren looked over to me but got no response. I didn't hear him. I just stared ahead while Amber was crying for her milk. "Lillth!" He repeated my name louder and grunted getting out of the car. He opened my door and lifted me up with the same ease as before taking me wherever. I couldn't see or do anything. To moment somebody tried to take Amber from me I got moving again. 
"Don't touch her!" I yelled loudly. "Well then do something about that crying cause we will go crazy!" I blinked a few times. A girl with jet black hair came into view. sky blue eyes with almost black edges. She looked annoyed and sounded pretty angry. She had tried to take Amber who was still crying. Immediately I was stricken with guilt. "Shit, I am so sorry baby" I whispered not able to stop the tears that suddenly started pouring out. With shaking hands I unwrapped my sling and took Amber out. My bag was at my feet and I knelled down to get out the formula and a bottle. "Where can I find water" I asked. My voice was trembling like my hands now. ""There, you are in the kitchen. I can take her if you want... I don't mind" The girls voice was way softer and more gentle now. I shook my head. "No, no I can do this by myself" I told her without looking at her. The tap was only 2 steps away. With a quick look I saw the girl, Soren and some other guy looking at me like I was crazy. "What happened to her?" The new guy muttered softly. I ignored him filling up the bottle with warm water and put the right amount of formula with it. I hardly had to shake the bottle because my trembling hands did that for me. "No Idea, I don't know much about Damian and his vampire gang. Did you let him know she is here already?" Soren spoke. "Yeah, he is on his way. And I heard Damian is Psycho" The girl said  walking up to me. "Come on, I will show you the living room. She reached out to put her hand on my back but I moved away from her. I didn't want anybody to touch me right now. She showed me through the kitchen to a big living room with a gigantic soft brown couch. I sat down in one of the corners cradling Amber in one arm and giving her her bottle. Her crying stopped. She was happy for now. I just got even more scared. 

"My name is Lena" The girl sat down beside me but wisely kept a good distance. Even now I pushed myself even deeper in the corner. "He will not find you here I promise" 
"Yes he will" I disagreed with her. "I killed his mate, I killed summer. He will find me and kill me. But not before he has killed everybody I love" I kind of sounded like a robot. 
"You killed Summer?" Lena seemed stunned. "Wow" She didn't have anything to say about me saying everybody would be killed. Maybe I was safe... my family wasn't. "I should have never tried to leave. I should have just let her do whatever" I whispered to myself. I was still crying and my tears were soaking my shirt and Amber's top. 
"No you didn't!" Lena disagreed. "That is not the example you want to give your daughter don't you?" 
"Really? You think it's good that I just sentenced my whole family to death?" 
This silenced Lena. She bit her lip and I looked back at Amber. It was all to twisted, how could I ever give up on Amber but now my family, Isabell, the whole pack was in danger. 
Amber finished her bottle and fell asleep in my arms. My body wanted to do the same but my mind refused. What if Damian found us? He would take Amber, he would kill her. No I had to stay awake. 

I don't know if it was a few minutes of maybe hours later when an older man entered the room. I was starring blankly ahead reliving every moment of the last 2 weeks. "Is this her?" He asked Lena who was up on her feet as soon as he entered. She nodded. "She is in shock I think" I heard her mutter. "That was to be expected. "Go sit with the others. I will try to talk to her. I told Soren he should get some supplies. Maybe you can help him?" Lena nodded and left. 
"Lillith, Lillith can you hear me? I am Nolan Blackwell" He introduced himself sitting down on the coffee-table "You are in my house. You are safe here. Damian will not be able to get you here you have my promise on that"
Slowly i turned my head toward him. "He took me from our Alpha's house. I am not safe anywhere"
"He knew you were there, he had a mole inside. He doesn't have a mole here.  
Nolan sounded pretty sure of himself. I looked him up and down for a second and a frown showed upon my face. A mole? Had there been somebody in our pack telling Damian where I had been? How was that possible. How could that happen? 
"I send Soren and Lena out to get some baby gear but I am sure that we can make a safe place for her to sleep so you can get some sleep too." Nolan continued. "You will stay here for now" 
"I need to go to Canada" I muttered. 
He chuckled softly for a second and shook his head. He had Jet black hair also but soft green eyes. "You are better of with people around you who care about you then alone in a place you don't know" He said looking at me with an almost fatherly smile. 
"Why would you care about me? You don't even know me." I told him. "Why would you care about me or Amber?" 
"Because I care about Elijah Morgan, and he cares about you doesn't he?"
My mouth dropped open. Elijah? How did this man know Elijah?
"Elijah works for me, just like Lena, Soren and Jared. They are strong and capable werewolves that will keep you safe."
I wanted to tell him I would do fine just by myself exept that wasn't true. I messed up. All by myself.
"Where is Elijah?" I asked in a soft whisper. Suddenly a memory flashed before my eyes. Elijah and me dancing. Him kissing me. Our kiss later outside the room Isabell and Amber were in while Damian and Summer got in. 
"He is on his way. He has been looking for you two non stop" Nolan said with that same friendly smile. He looked at his watch an nodded. "He should be here any second." 
My heart jumped by the thought of seeing Elijah. After all this I couldn't wait to see somebody I knew. Somebody I trusted. But could I? Maybe he had been the mole? He did acted weird when we kissed. He was to reserved... I hadn't mind that kiss. No way. It just wasn't like him. 
"I think that is him" Nolan got up when the sound reached our ears of a door opening. My heart started beating a lot faster when swift footsteps came closer and somebody entered the room. "Lillith!" He was with me before I could do or say anything and wanted to wrap his arms around me. I flinched and pulled back. He gave me a confused look. "Did I hurt you? Did he hurt Amber? He did didn't he? And Summer too? Is Amber okay?" 
I wasn't used to him caring like this. Or talking much for that matter. "She is okay. And I..." I bit my lip. No I wasn't okay. "I am so sorry Lill, they drugged me that night. One of the vampires told me to go and distract you. I was...  I couldn't help it. I will never forgive myself I... did they bite you?" His eyes got big with shock. His hand had put hair behind my ear and showed a bit om my neck like this. 
I could only nod. Nolan got a serious look on his face. "Lillith, I know you are tired but could you please show me your bite marks? I just want to be sure you don't have any serious injuries because of that bite. Werewolf bites can be tricky. 
I shook my head. "No, I am fine" I lied. The bite mark still hurt me but every part of my body hurt at this point. 
"Please Lillith, I can hold Amber okay?" I looked at Elijah. He was probably the only person I would hand her to now. Still it went against all of my instincts right now. Elijah carefully took Amber from me and I had to take deep breaths to not pull her right out of his hands right away. I got on my feet and looked at Nolan. "Just your shirt" It felt weird to get undressed like this with them here but I did what I was told while wondering if Nolan was an Alpha. He looked like one. Spoke like one and definitely acted like one. I slowly took the jacked of I was still wearing and then my t-shirt. I heard Elijah gasp and Nolan took a step closer. "When did this happen?" He asked gently. "This morning" I said closing my eyes when he touched the skin. It felt like his hands were on fire. "Why did they do it?" Nolan continued softly as he took a step back. I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Summer wanted to kill me because I tried to escape. She wanted Amber to be her daughter" I heard Elijah swear and I looked at him. His eyes were dark with anger. "She is dead now" I whispered. His anger was replaced by shock. "Did you do that?" I nodded. "Yes"