Epilogue: Just The Beginning.

Start from the beginning

And as for Dinah. After the phone call three years ago when she said she wanted me, I waited days, weeks and months just for her to tell me that Colin wanted to try again, and he didn't want to leave knowing that they might of had something "special". So she stayed with him for 3 more months. So now it's going on six years I haven't seen the Polynesian that still has my heart.

Ally, Camila and I would talk every now and then. But with the awkward relationship I had with Dinah it wasn't that much. Nevertheless, Ally married Troy within the six years and they had adorable twin boys. Mila actually started to date Shawn and they are now engaged planning their wedding. Which is going to be a spring wedding and it's going to be adorable. Goals.

In that time period, I didn't talk to Dinah but, Zendaya and I were "Friends with Benefits" up until I got drafted. Then after that I slept with three more girls. The last two girls were the night after I won the first Lynx Championship. TMZ saw me and the girls leaving the after party to go to my hotel where my team was staying, and watched me say goodbye to them in the morning as well. And Dinah didn't take to kindly to that. Especially when she found out I was sober the whole time. After she broke up with Colin, three years ago, she called me and basically told me everything I told her back then while I was sitting on the plane. I told her that I love her but I can't let her break my heart for a fourth time if she just decides to bail on me again.

She accepted that and ever since we would talk every couple of months. But when she saw the girls she had had enough and called me. She was crying and saying that she can't take me not loving her the way I used to. Especially when all I've done since she told me they broke up was "party, travel, drink, smoke, and fuck bitches." Her words not mine. I told her that until she can prove to me that she deserves the love I gave her way back when, then I'll take her back with open arms. But she said I had to stop all the partying, and smoking, and drinking. Especially screwing other girls. I told her she had until my contract was up to prove it.

Ever since then, we were basically one. She would be the first and last thing on my mind just like she used to be. I would talk to her a few days a week. I'd be lucky if I got 5 out of the 7 days, but we would be fine with 3 or 4. In my head, she had won me back the minute we hung up the phone after our deal. But I couldn't let her know, at least not now, that she had that type of pull over me.

She called me on my way to the stadium and relieved most of the nerves I had. We talked about anything and nothing during the duration of my trip. When I told her I had to go she made a noise that she makes when she's whining and starting to pout. I told her I'd call her later and we could finish talking then. She agreed saying she'd see me soon. She said she likes to say it so maybe one day she'll say it and it will be true. But she's been saying it for 3 years now.

I was still nervous about the game but I didn't think it was nerves. My stomach felt more like something was eating my insides. Something felt different about today and I couldn't put my finger on it as I put on my uniform with my favorite number on it.

The game was about to start soon, so after a quick talk in the locker room, we ran out warming up. Once the clock got down to a minute I rounded my team up. Something I brought to them from my high school years was the "Our Father Prayer". We didn't say it once before a game last year and we were losing by half time. During halftime we said it and after that we came back, winning by over 20 points. So, now it's tradition.

The announcer called out the starting five from each team and Laur, Nadia, and I were all on it. We were getting in our positions for tip off when we spoke.