Chapter 23: Welp, there's that.

It was Monday now and being in class was even weirder than I thought it would be. On Friday during my graduation rehearsal Lauren and Nadia noticed something was off about me. I told them to not worry about anything but they know me too well. After a while they gave up knowing that I would tell them when I was ready.

That was until Lauren and I got to class. When I first walked in Dinah was at her desk. The bell had rung making her look up and we made eye contact. My heart skipped a beat and we just stood there looking at each other until Lauren snapped me out of it forcing me to walk forward.

Then once we took our seats, Nicki walked in. She looked at Dinah first, glaring at her, and then she looked at me smiling softly and waving. I rolled my eyes and looked in my book bag for stuff I knew wouldn't be there. When Nicki took her seat, the bell rung and Dinah started her lesson.

"Alright, everyone get up and move your desks to the side and put your chairs in one big circle."

Everyone got up and did what she said. When we sat down Dinah sat across from me in the circle with Lauren next to me and Nicki half way between me and Dinah.

"So, because this is the seniors last week actually in high school I wanted to do something that can have us learn one last thing about our seniors and have everyone else know someone better. There's no writing that is needed, but everyone needs to participate. If you participate today you get extra credit on your finals and since I only have 3 graduating seniors in here, this is now your final."

All of the underclassmen cheered for extra credit and Lauren, Nicki, and I were fine with a conversation being our final instead of a project; even though Lauren and I wouldn't have a problem with doing a project.

"Okay, so the topic is going to be your biggest regret in your life so far. Like always I'll go first, then the seniors will go and we'll go from there."..."So, on Thursday I made a decision for me and my... significant other,"

The class, well except for Laur, Nic, and I, all giggled at her hesitation and she smiled softly before continuing.

"... That at the time I thought was for the best. But it's going on day 4 and I can't take it back and I've have regretted it ever since."

She avoided eye contact with me as a tear fell down her face. I turned my head away trying not to cry myself. Students sitting next to Dinah hugged her and told her it will be okay and she smiled mouthing thank you.

"Y/N, what is she talking about?"

Lauren asked leaning over and whispering in my ear.

"Nothing, I'll tell you later."

I said shaking my head. She huffed and sat back up. After a little silence, Nicki decided to say her regret next.

"Well, Ms. Hansen, my biggest regret was leaving Y/N behind when me and my family had moved."

Lauren scoffed; I rolled my eyes and Dinah gave her a quick 'WTF' look before she had to remember she was a teacher first.

Everyone else though, awed and looked at me to see my reaction. I looked at everyone in the room before speaking.

"Hansen, my biggest regret was letting Nicki come back into my life after she left because she ruined the best thing that ever happened to me."

My class, being the instigators that they are, ooh'ed making Nicki retaliate.

"Do you really want to go there?"

"Why not?"

She raised her eyebrows.