twelve

Not Fully Edited

What Are You Willing to Lose

In every breath there's life. Between my teeth, a knife.

3rd Pov-

It is said that when a lost loved one is found, it is like learning to breathe. That it is like inhaling a whole new life into your lungs and never letting it go; until you exhale and remember that the air will always be there, even when you don't see it. 

So, as Derek's body hung against a metal fence, he breathed. He found his mate who had been missing for weeks. Kate Argent had appeared out of thin air and now held Derek Hale and Ridley Stilinski hostage. Derek was tied to a fence that was hooked to jumper cables - Kate would occasionally electrocute him. Ridley, on the other hand, sat on the stone floor surrounded by candles - in some sort of trance. She was pale, with dark circles beneath her closed eyes.

"Ridley," He weakly called. 

Kate, who sat nearby, chuckled, "Don't bother. She hasn't responded in days."

"What did you do to her?" He hissed.

"I didn't do anything, honey." She smirked. "She's using her wicked, little powers to find the alpha. But, she wouldn't have to if you just told me where he is."

Derek just stared straight ahead at his mate.

"Wait," Kate continued. "You don't know where he is either, do you?"

He remained silent.

"Well, that's perfect then. Good thing we have this abomination to locate him."

 Derek yanked against his chains, furious about how she had labeled his mate.

"Aw, so defensive over your girl?" Kate irritated. 

"Leave her out of this!" He roars. 

"Stop shouting. I am concentrating," A voice spoke monotone,

My eyes immediately snap to Ridley, who hasn't moved but is alive thankfully.

"Well well. Looks like sleeping beauty is awake," She crouches in front of the witch, "Where is the alpha, sweetheart?"

"He is home."

"Kate, leave her alone. She has nothing to do with this," He pleads.

"Don't lie, Derek. She has everything to do with this. I mean, she is your mate after all."

He scoffs, "So that's your plan? You're going to use her to tell you who the alpha is? She's just a teenager."

"I know how old she is, Derek!" Kate began to get angry. "But I don't care. I need to know who the alpha is and I know you know."

"That's heartless, Kate."

"Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. I think we should just torture you for round one. You see this box? It will send tons of shock waves into you're body. Extremely painful. This should be fun."