eleven

Edited

There'll be no rest for the wicked.

What Is And What Never Should Be.

3rd Pov-

Ridley raced through the forest, away from her once sanctuary - Derek. Lemony Snicket once described a sanctuary as an 'oasis in a vast desert or an island in a stormy sea'. Only, in this situation, Derek refused to be her oasis nor her island. All she had at the moment was the unforgiving woodlands that she now found had swallowed her whole. 

Pushing through the harsh rain, she was compelled to head east, deeper into the mass of trees. Her once white converse pressed deep in mud patches and slipped over wet leaves until she found a clearing in a seemingly unending forest. A sanctuary.

It was a small field of wet grass that would have been completely normal if not for the giant oak stump in the very center. Ridley eased over and stood on the center of the wood and acknowledged her surroundings. The full moon gazed directly above her, turning her feeling of safety into a feeling of darkness despite the light the moon gave. 

Her stomach quaked with energy and it rose higher and higher until her chest began to burn. It was a good burn. It was the feeling of power. Her feet shoulder-width apart, her head tilted back, arms wide open and eyes closed, as she breathed in the spirit surrounding her.

The energy bursts out of her lungs and into a scream as the intensity swelled in her skull, forcing blood to pool out of her eyes. The wind blew violently around her, as if the world knew the magic she was brewing. Fire shot out into a ring around her. 

Ridley was a witch and she knew it now.  She knew that she was damned and wicked but, my god, did she feel absolutely brilliant.

But, as quickly as it came, it vanished. The fire, the energy, and the power were gone, and she fell to her knees as blood still dripped down her cheeks. 

She had no energy anymore. What she had just done, exhausted her. But, she had know idea what she had just done.

Leaves crackled behind her. Ridley jumped up and turned to see, hoping no one had just saw her magic. A figure stood in the darkness and, as it walked out of the shadows, the person began to clap. A young woman stands a few feet from Ridley. 

Halting her claps, she speaks, "Wow. Bet you've never done that before."

Ridley furrowed her brows, "W-who are you?"

She smiles, "Oh, how rude of me. I know all about you, Ridley, but you know nothing of me." 

"How do you know who I am?"

How did this mysterious woman know Ridley? She had never seen her before and Beacon Hills is a small town. 

"Who are you?" Ridley repeats.

The woman chuckles, "My name is Kate Argent. And I'm here to help you."

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Stiles paces his living room, waiting for his sister to walk through the door or at least a phone call to let him know she was okay. Scott sits on the brown sofa, continuously apologizing for what he did.

When the doorbell rings, Stiles hurries to answer it. When he does so, he comes face to face with Derek Hale. 

"You're alive?" Stiles tilts his head in confusion. He had assumed the alpha killed him. 

Derek rolls his eyes, "Is Ridley here?"

She had seen him hours ago and, in those hours, he realized his faults.

"No, she's missing. We can't find her anywhere."

"What??" He worried.

"Exactly. Look, if you want to be useful, use your stupid werewolf nose and find her."

Stiles slams the door. 

But that's what Derek did. He went looking for his mate who he seriously needed to apologize to.

-------------------------

720 words

yee yee

I wrote this 5 times but it decided not to save but it's working now thank goodness

If this chapter sucks, that's because I got tired of writing the same thing over and over again. 

I know I said it would be longer and it was before it got deleted and I had to rewrite it and I couldn't remember what I originally wrote :/

So yeah thats pretty much it. They'll find Ridley next chapter blah blah blah It's 2am 

Go check out my nonfiction Dearest AJ! Or not.. That's cool too

Anywhore!

Vote, Comment, Shave your legs and sell your hair on Craig's List. IDC

- Hannah Fricking Montana