"How many interviews did you have while I was gone?"

"Around four, I think."

"Any good ones?"

He thinks for a second before saying, "Possible ones, but I left the files for you to look over. Now, I want to know how your trip went."

I smile. "It was really great. Thanks for asking. You were right about me needing to go."

He smiles. "I'm happy for you, Kate. I know it hasn't been easy."

"Thank you."

"How's that son of mine?" he asks, changing the subject with a mischievous look on his face.

I laugh. "I think he's doing great. As a matter of fact, he was there for me while I went to James' grave and the days following that. I think you'll be happy to know that our friendship has been restored."

"You told him everything, right?"

I nod. "Yeah."

Mr. Parker stands up and gestures for me to do the same. "Well, I need to get to my lovely wife for a special date, so I will see you tomorrow before we leave."

I nod and reach my hand out to shake his, but he ignores my hand and pulls me into a warm hug. I smile. It was just like how a father would hug. Then again, I would not really know how a father would hug.

He releases me and says, "I know that's not very professional, but I want you to know that I'm here for you whenever you need a father figure to lean on."

I smile at him and say, "Thank you."

He gives me one last hug before leaving me alone in my office. I set my things down and turn on my computer to catch up on some work. I open up my work email and check if I have any new emails.

"Kate?" I look up and see Beth.

"Beth?" I mimic, raising my eyebrow.

She rolls her eyes and sits across from me. "What's with the eyebrow?"

"What's up with you and Sam?" I ask.

She laughs nervously and says, "Something."

I lean forward in interest. "Elaborate, please!"

She laughs at my interest and says, "Well, he was asking me something kind of personal when you walked in."

I raise my eyebrow. "Something tells me you're not telling me everything."

"We're dating," she replies.

"Are you happy?" I ask.

She thinks for a second before saying, "Yeah, but he's way too good for me. I don't deserve him, especially when it feels like he's my rebound from Josh."

"Listen, you think he's too good for you because of what happened with Josh. It wasn't your fault. Don't live in the past. Just push on like you're doing now and forgive and forget."

She smiles. "Thanks. Now, what were you going to tell me earlier?"

I smile. "I think I've found my joy."

She gives me a huge smile before hurrying over to me to give me a hug. "Are you serious?"

I laugh as she gets back to her seat. "It wasn't easy, but I can't let his death stop me. I mean, he'll always be my love, and I'll always love him, but I need to continue to live my life for me and for him and for God."

"I'm so happy for you, Kate. I hope that you can just grow from here."

"I think I can."

~-~-~-~
"Kate?" James asks as we stand in the airport.