Chapter 6

I roll onto my back on the scratchy single bed and sigh.

"Come on, Hope. You need to think cleverly." I whisper, hoping somehow my daughter can hear me.

The room is like a standard hotel room, with a small tv and a wardrobe with brown carpets and brown curtains.

There's a knock at the door and the friendly man from before walks in, closing the door behind him and placing a tray with a roll on to the end of the bed. He sits on the end of the bed and pushes the tray forward. I sit up and smile at him.

"What's in it?" I ask.

"Bacon."

"I could be a vegetarian." I tease, raising my eyebrow.

"Are you a vegetarian?"

"No."

"Well, you're okay then." He laughs, his Scottish accent filling the small room.

"What's your name?" I ask, picking up the roll and biting into the warm meat.

"Sam." He slowly says.

"Cool. Nice to meet you Sam." I smile.

"Its nice to meet you too, Mrs Stark." He replies and walks out.

I finish the roll and try to go to sleep. Nothing.

I sit up and use my finger in the air to draw the diagram of Hope's suit. I imagine the black line leaving my fingertip and the suit is finished. I don't realise the door is open until i hear someone cough slightly. My head snaps to the figure.

"Captain!" I shout as i race up to him and hug him.

"Im not a hug person." He complains and i step back.

"Sorry. Can i go now?"

"Yeah, i convinced them. It took a while though." He explains and walks out. I follow him as we walk down dark corridors. We reach the reception and they give my possessions back: my phone, purse, pocket knife, notepad and pencil.

We then walk out and into Captain's blue BMW.

"New car?" I ask, putting my seatbelt on.

"Yes. Well, you did destroy the other one." He reminds me, starting the car.

"Yeah. Sorry. Can i borrow your phone, please?"

"Sure." He replies, pulling it out of his pocket and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I dial in Zeke's number.

"Captain?" He asks.

"No, its Skye. Im on my way home."

"That's great. Your dad is here, he thinks he knows how to get Hope back." He announces.

"Great. I'll be as fast as i can."

"See you soon. I love you."

"I love you too." I smile and put the phone down, then put it on the dashboard.

Zeke sprints up to me, the second i walk in the doorway. I wrap my arms around his back and breathe in his deodrant. He kisses my neck and i smile.

"I thought they were going to keep you." He whispers against my neck.

"I persuaded them to let her go." Captain announces.

"Thank you." Zeke thanks, pulling away from me.

"Where's my dad?"

"Basement."

I step down the glass stairs and into the basement, where my dad is sat on my big desk, arguing with Jarvis.

"Anything Jarvis, anything you have?" He shouts.

"Just news reports." I say and he turns to see me. Dads eyes are bloodshot red with no sleep and his forehead is sweating.

"You look terrible." I comment.

"Thanks. Pepper is driving me crazy." He admits, running his hands through his hair.

"Why?"

"We have news, but she doesn't seem to like it."

"Like what?"

"Pepper is pregnant." He whispers, squeezing his knuckles together.

"Congratulations. That's good, isn't it?"

"Yes, its amazing. But her hormones are all over the place. One minute she loves me, the next she hates me. I can't take it." My dad admits, defeated.

"She'll always love you. No matter what she says, she'll always love you. I can see it in her eyes." I comfort him.

"I can't see it." He mutters, grabbing his leather jacket off the back of the chair and marches out. I hear his shoes clump outside then hear the familiar sound of thrusters. He flies out of our house in his suit.

I sit on the office chair and sigh.

"Why is this so hard?" I question, looking up at Jarvis for an answer.

"I've been a terrible mother, putting my children in danger. They've nearly died so many times. A mum is supposed to protect their kids and support them. But Hope has disappeared and is now wanted by the FBI. Where did i go wrong?" I ask, the tears filling my eyes.

"I do not know, Miss." Jarvis admits.

"Should i go? Should i leave and let them get on with a safe life?" I finally breath the questions that have haunted me.