"I've been good. And auditions started early so I'm actually in San Francisco right now."

"That's cool heard anyone good?"

"A lot actually but it's a bit more fun to listen to people who suck."

I laughed and told her that sounded mean. We talked for hours until I looked at my clock and read it was 10PM. I had school tomorrow so I couldn't stay up late tonight.

"Demi I love talking to you and I wish I didn't have to stop but I have school tomorrow. Sorry Dem." I heard her sigh.

"I understand. Well I'll text you tomorrow Yesenia!"

"Goodnight Dem. Sleep well beautiful!" A part of me knew she smiled.

"Goodnight Yesi, and I hope you also sleep well. Gorgeous!" I laughed.

"You hang up first Demi. "

"No you hang up first."

"No you do it."

"I'm not doing it you are."

"How about we hang up at the same time?"

"Okay fine. Ready, set, hang up." There was silence but I knew she didn't hang up and neither did I.

"Yeah that didn't work. Hang up first Demi." We went back and fourth until I decided to hang up first. I slept with such serenity that night. The next day started off awesome with a good morning beautiful text from Demi but quickly took a turn for the worst. I went downstairs after I was done getting ready only to find the police.

I looked at Leo and wondered why the police was there.

"Leo why is the police here?" The officer stepped towards me and extended his arm. I shook it and he told me he was Officer Jennings.

"I have some terrible news Yesenia. Your friend Rayne Smith has been found dead." At the word dead I fell to the floor and started crying.

*Rayne's POV*

Fuck. I wonder if he knew that I went to the police. Fuck I'm dead. He's going to kill me. Where is Yesenia? I need her. Crap I'm going to die. I'm too young to die. When he sees me he smiles.

"Hey babe! I've been wondering where you were. You haven't texted me back. Is everything okay?" He stepped closer to me but I stepped back.

"Who let you in here?"

"Your parents."

"What do you want?" He smiled devilishly.

"I just want to take you out for a drive. Stop acting all weird." Oh sorry I don't want to be around you after you raped me!

"I'm not being weird. Considering what you did I think I'm acting fine." He sighed and shook his head.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy it. Listen I'm sorry. Truly sorry. Now will you please take a drive with me?" He smiled again but this time his smile was soft. His eyes were soft and looked gentle. I knew that it was simply a facade and that he was truly an evil, heartless jerk. But looking at his eyes in that moment I couldn't help but feel safe. I smiled back at him and let him lead me outside. I put on my seatbelt in his car and smiled. Drew was insane but he'd never actually kill me. Somewhere deep inside him he loved me. "So you told the police about what happened?"

"What? No! I wouldn't ! You said not to!" He chuckled evilly and took out a cleaning rag. "What are you going to do with that?"

"Nothing just relax. You won't feel a thing." Before I could escape he covered my face with the rag forcing me to inhale the drug that was soaked into it. I slowly fell unconscious. All I kept thinking about was Yesenia as I started to black out.

*Yesenia's POV*

I sat on the floor sobbing for what seemed like hours. I couldn't believe it. She can't be dead. Leo tried to pick me up but I started hitting him so he let me stay on the floor. It was all my fault. She told me this would happen. I didn't listen. I should've listened to her. This is my fault. I killed her. I'm a terrible person. I managed to stop sobbing and stood up. Officer Jennings patted me on my back and said he was sorry for Rayne's passing. I asked Leo if I could stay home from school and the officer said he actually had to ask me a few questions. "What kind of questions?"

"I just need to know what exactly happened yesterday after you left. And what exactly did you know about drew and Rayne." I exhaled deeply.

"Yesterday I dropped her off at her house. I thought she would be safe. This is all my fault."

"It's not your fault. Do you have any idea where Drew might be?"

"Um. I don't know, sorry." I couldn't even help them find drew. I'm useless. I can't protect Rayne, and I can't help track down Drew. The officer left after asking me a few questions about their relationship. Leo asked if I wanted to talk about it but I said no and went to my room. I closed it and walked into the bathroom. I open a drawer and take out a pencil sharpener. I take off the blade and debate whether or not to do it. It worked for Rayne when she had problems. It should work for me too. I've never resorted to cutting but I can't think of anything else that can help me. I slide the blade over my left wrist. At first I feel pain but not as much pain as Rayne's death caused me. I start to think about things I could've done as the blood starts to show. My vision starts to blur as I continued to cry. After a few moments I get up and clean the cut. I put a bandaid over it and cover my wrist in bracelets. I touch the bandaid and I suddenly feel connected to Rayne. I get out of my bathroom and grab my phone. I look through the pictures of Rayne and I. Then I come across a picture Demi and I took together. I look down at my wrist and feel awful. Demi would be disappointed. I've let her down. That's exactly what I am, a big let down.