9: I Am A Princess!

*3rd Person POV*

"Ramen!!"

Sasuke and Sakura stared dumbfounded at their two teammates who were eating the food in front of them like there was no tomorrow.

*Sasuke's POV*

'Idiots. . .'

*3rd Person POV*

"So. . . Does anyone want to hear one of my ramen adventures?" Naruto suggested as he gulped down another mouthful of ramen.

"NO!!" everyone shouted in unison.

"Yes!" said Kiba, who was standing behind the four but wasn't noticed at all.

"Ok, then I'll start!" Naruto said as he finished the last bit of his seventh bowl of ramen.

The other three groaned, while the still unnoticed Kiba smirked mischievously, as the blond started telling his story. . .

*Le Time Skip Brought To You By Ichiraku Ramen*

"That was the most meaningless story I have ever heard. . ." said Natsumi as she let out a long sigh.

"What's wrong with it?" Naruto asked with a whining tone.

"How about I show you how it's really done," Natsumi announced, grinning proudly.

"Not another stupid story. . ." Sasuke murmured to himself.

"Once upon a time, in a far away place, there was a great kingdom ruled by a rightful king. . ."

*Story Imagination POV*

The king's daughter, Natsumi, was locked up in a tall tower by an evil witch. This tower was dangerous as it was guarded by a huge dragon, one that was feared by all knights.

One day, as Natsumi was looking longingly outside her window, she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," she said irritatedly, half guessing who it is.

"Hi, Natsumi! How're you doing today?" asked the witch's assistant, Sakura, as she cheerfully came to stand next to Natsumi with a basket full of sweets.

"I'm trapped in a tower, guarded by a dragon, accompanied by a too-cheerful witch's assistant, waiting for some knight to come and save me. How do you think I'm doing?" Natsumi stated sarcastically, looking annoyed at the pink haired girl.

"Cheer up, Natsumi! You'll sure be saved by your Prince Charming one day~" Sakura trailed off dreamily.

"Aren't you supposed to keep me in the tower?" Natsumi replied, not quiet surprised at the dumbness of Sakura's words. After all, she had known her for quiet a long time now.

"Oh yeah. . . I forgot. . . But here! This is a basket full of sweets that I bought for you when I went down to the village today! Enjoy!" Sakura said as she handed Natsumi the basket.

"Oooh, chocolate!" Natsumi exclaimed happily as she grabbed a chocolate cupcake from the basket and started eating it.

"Well, I'll be going now!" Sakura announced as she walked towards the door.

"Yeah, bye!" Natsumi said with a mouthful of food, as Sakura left and locked the door behind her.

As the locked up princess sat there, eating her sweets, she suddenly heard strange noises outside. She got up and went to look out the window. When she gazed over she saw two knights, one dressed in orange armor and the other dark blue, and they were. . . Fighting against each other?

"Seriously?" Natsumi mumbled to herself, staring at the two idiots of knights fighting outside her tower.

"Hey! You two idiots over there! Stop fighting among each other and work together to get me out of here already!" she shouted, glaring at the two knights.

The knights seemed kind of surprised, but for some reason they took her words as commands and stopped fighting.

Suddenly, the dragon turned away from them and faced the princess.

"Natsumi, you really think these two idiots can get you out of here?" he asked with boredom laced in his voice.

"Nah, not really, but I'm bored and this seems entertaining," Natsumi said as she placed her chin on her hand and continued watching out of the window.

"Don't worry princess, I will save you!" the knight in orange armor shouted proudly, raising his sword above his head. Natsumi just rolled her eyes at that.

For the next hour, the two knights kept attacking the dragon, only to be easily deflected.

"This is getting boring," Natsumi groaned as she dangled her arms from the window.

Right at that moment, the knight in orange armor, which Natsumi happened to find out was called Naruto, was thrown towards the tower by the other knight, namely Sasuke. As Naruto hit the tower's hard wall, something unexpected happened.

Suddenly, a slide appeared from the princess's window leading down to the ground, therefore to her freedom. It seemed that as he hit the wall, Naruto had accidentally activated some kind of switch.

"Yes! Finally someone pressed the button! Gosh, all knights are just a bunch of useless imbeciles," Natsumi cried as she threw her hands in the air in excitement.

"Now that I saved you, come down, my princess, and let me take you back to your kingdom," Sasuke stated proudly.

"Hey! I was the one who hit the button or whatever! I am the one who saved you!" Naruto argued.

"I was the one who threw you, so I was the one who saved her!" Sasuke countered.

"Yeah, you two can continue arguing. I'll be taking my leave. Bye idiots!" Natsumi said as she slid down the slide and walked towards the sunset hand to hand with the dragon.

"Screw the knights, I have a dragon! (≧∇≦)/ "

Naruto and Sasuke looked behind her with wide open mouths.

"She left. . ." mumbled Sasuke.

"With the dragon. . ." Naruto finished off.

*3rd Person POV*

"The end!" stated Natsumi as she smiled widely at her teammates.

"That was. . . A story. . ." slowly stated Sakura.

"What's with that ending?" mumbled Naruto.

". . ." Sasuke didn't say anything.

"Hey! What's with the responses?! It was obviously the best story you've ever heard!" said Natsumi as she laughed then continued eating her ramen.

Suddenly Kakashi-sensei came chuckling, "Great story, Natsumi."

She grinned, then gaped as realization hit her, "YOU WERE EAVESDROPPING?!"

Thanks to those who didn't lose hope in our story! Also, what do you think of the new cover?