3: The Future Hokage Doesn't Know How To Read a Map

*Natsumi's POV*

"Ughhh. . . Why did the Hokage give me such a complicated map?" I asked myself. I heard my stomach growl when my nose smelled the scent of. . . noodles?

"I am sooo hungry," I muttered to myself.

*Naruto's POV*

"Hey, old man, I want another bowl," I ordered after finishing my third bowl.

"Naruto, do you even have the money to p-"

"Hello," said a silver haired girl taking the seat next to me when she entered the shop. Ahh, she saved my life. . .

"Hi! I am Naruto Uzumaki! The future Hokage, believe it!" I exclaimed.

"Not if I beat you to it."

"Whaaaat?!"

"Just kidding bro. I'm gonna actually help you achieve it. Believe it!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah, but on one condition. . ."

"What?"

"You help me find my apartment," she said handing me a map. I took the map from her, staring at it hard. This map confused me.

"Ok, I'll help," I replied hesitantly. She must not know I suck at reading maps or else she will think I am a loser.

"Great! But first, I'm starving, so let's eat," she said as she started scanning through the menu again.

"What do you think I should order, Naruto?" she asked me, and without a moment of thinking, I immediately shouted.

"Ramen!"

She looked at me with surprise at first then she smiled and said, "Well, looks like I'm ordering Ramen then."

"Old man! Bring us two bowls of ramen!" I shouted.

"Coming right up!"

"By the way, my name is Natsumi Auratum," she said as she smiled at me.

After 5 mins, our ramen arrived. I stared at her carefully as she took her first bite of the ramen. Did she like it?

"Soo... DO YOU LIKE IT?" I finally asked, not being able to wait any longer.

"No, I didn't like it..." she said simply. What?! How can anyone not like Ichiraku's ramen?! I was shocked.
Then she suddenly burst out, "I LOVE IT!"

I felt relieved. We finished our ramen and then got up.

"Ok now let's find your apartment," I said. I grabbed her wrist to pull her out of the shop, when suddenly the old man pulled me back by my collar.

"Naruto, you didn't pay yet," he said. I checked my wallet only to find it empty. 'Shoot! I don't have the money to pay.'

"I'll pay," Natsumi suddenly said as she paid the old man his money.

"Hey, Natsumi, thanks. I promise I'll pay you back as soon as possible," I told her as we got out of the shop.

"Nah, it's fine, you don't have to. We're friends after all," she said as she smiled at me. I smiled back at her then pulled out the map and took a good look at it.

This map is way more complicated than I thought. . . But I have to help her.

"Ok! Let's go!" I shouted as we started walking down the road. . .

*1 Hour Later*

"Naruto are you sure we're going the right way? This is the third time I see this house," Natsumi told me with a tired expression on her face.

I looked up from the map and realized that the sun had already set. From the corner of my eyes I glanced at Natsumi, and I could see that she was starting to get worried.

"Um. . . uh. . . N-Natsumi?"

"What?"

"I-I don't know h-how to read a map," I stuttered looking at her as her face suddenly changed.

"WHAT?! WHY DID YOU EVEN OFFER TO HELP ME IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOT TO READ A MAP?!" she suddenly burst out.

"I wanted to help you so I can be your friend," I replied in a low voice as I lowered my head and stared at the ground.

"It's okay, Naruto," she said and then she put a hand on my shoulder. I looked up in confusion. Wasn't she mad at me?

"Don't worry about it, but now it's getting really late and I don't know where to go," she continued.

"Hey! Why don't you stay over at my apartment for today and we'll find yours tomorrow morning," I told her in excitement. "After all it's my fault you couldn't get home."

"Are you sure you are okay with that?" she asked me.

"Yes, of course!"

"But don't you have to ask your parents first?" with that my expression suddenly changed.

"I don't have parents," I said in a lower voice than usual.

"I-I'm really sorry, Naru-" I cut her off. She didn't really need to apologize, it had nothing to do with her.

"It's fine. Now are you coming or what?"

"I guess?"

"Come on, let's go," I said as I lead the way to my apartment.

After a while of walking, we finally reached my apartment and while I was trying to find my keys, she suddenly walked towards the door of the apartment right next to mine.

"Hey Naruto, does anyone live here?" she asked.

"Nope, why are you asking?" she ignored my question as she took a key from her pocket and unlocked the door.

"This is my apartment!" she exclaimed.

"Really?" I asked in confusion as a I looked over.

"Yes! This is the same number that's on the key the Hokage gave me," she said as she pointed at the number next to the door, "And it looks like we are going to be neighbours, Naruto!" she said with a wide grin.

"Anyways, I am really tired from all that walking, see you tomorrow. Oh, and one last favor," she said, "May you please show me around the village?"

"SURE!" I exclaimed.

"Well, bye then," she said as she smiled at me, and I smiled back at her and waved.

Then I got to my apartment and closed the door. I finally made a friend! I couldn't help but smile widely at the thought of being friends with her. I changed into my pajamas and went to bed as my eyelids got heavy. The next thing I knew was that I fell asleep. . .

*Natsumi's POV*

I went inside my apartment after waving goodbye to Naruto. He was a really great guy and really fun to be around, although he made me walk all around the village, but I guess it's okay since I had fun spending time with him. Plus, that ramen thing was really awesome!

Although, it was a heartbreaking moment knowing a guy like him would have no parents and still smile and laugh. I will make sure I will always be there for him. I can't help not smile whenever I think of him.

I took a look around before setting my backpack down next to the door and taking off my shoes. Wow. This apartment is really boring. The walls were a basic off-white color and the floors were just wooden. There was one bedroom, one bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen. It wasn't that small though, just enough for me.
I guess I need to ask Naruto to show me where I can get some paint and decor for my apartment tomorrow when he shows me around the village. Speaking of shopping, I also need some clothes. Well, I guess I'll go to sleep now, I am so tired. I flopped down on my bed, and fell asleep only in a few minutes. . .