Chapter 19

I managed to catch up to Will at the end of the day. I was on my way outside when I spotted Will among a mob of students filing out the doors. 

"Hey, Will!" I shouted, waving my arms above my head. Will turned around and met my eyes. He separated from the crowd and hurried over to me.

"What?" he asked when he reached me. 

"I need to talk to you for a minute," I said. 

Will raised his eyebrows, "I needed to talk to you, too."

"Okay, perfect," I responded. "Let's talk."

"Can we go somewhere private?" Will inquired. 

"Sure," I replied. I started to lead him toward the janitors' closet, but Will grabbed my wrist and hauled my outside. He pulled me past the hoards of student boarding buses, and around to the back of the school. He stopped and looked around to make sure we weren't being followed. 

"This should be good," he said once he was positive we were alone. "You first."

I sighed and leaned against the school, "So you remember this morning when we started fighting in the car?"

Will nodded, "How could I forget?"

"I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but when I told you I had a crush on Percy, you got mad. I was just wondering why you reacted like that," I explained. 

"Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about," Will said. He took a deep breath and leaned against the building beside me, "Nico, I have something important to tell you. Really important." He glanced at his feet and ran a hand through his hair, "I kind of have a crush on you."

I stood there for a moment, letting my brain process what I just heard. Will Solace, the boy who I thought was the most annoying person in the world, loved me. He met me with his blue eyes, and in that moment, I realized that I loved him, too. I realized that I had loved him for a long time. I had loved him ever since he first ran into me in the hall. 

A warm feeling suddenly filled my body. I couldn't help but smile as I stared into his beautiful eyes. "I like you, too," I answered. 

His eyes lit up, "You're serious?"

"I'm serious."

"You're sure?"

"I've never been more sure in my life."

We sat there for a moment, gazing into each other's eyes and grinning like a pair of idiots. And then, just when I thought things couldn't get any better, he grabbed my face and kissed me. He tasted like honey and milk. I felt him gently trace my jaw with his fingers, sending a warm bliss through my body. When we pulled apart, I had nothing to say. I stood there with my mouth opening and closing, looking like a confused goldfish. 

Will blushed and looked away, "Sorry about that."

I suddenly remembered what was happening, and returned to reality. "Don't apologize," I said, "I enjoyed it."

Will grinned, "Well then, Sunshine, are you ready to go home?"

"You're driving me home, aren't you?" I guessed. 

Will nodded, "In the Thunderbird." I chuckled and followed him to the parking lot. We hopped into the Thunderbird, and Will started the engine. He stopped for a moment and fiddled with the radio until he stumbled across a station playing Here Comes The Sun. 

"This again?" I said.

Will nodded, "Of course. It's our song."

"Our song, huh?" I asked, propping my feet up on the dash. 

"Yep," Will answered. We continued down the street, Here Comes the Sun blasting at full volume. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the Thunderbird's tires rumbling down the road. The world could've ended right then and there and I would've been okay with it. I was with Will, and I loved him.