00: d a r k s k i n.

❛❛She's pretty for a dark-skinned girl..
What is that supposed to mean?❜❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

E P I L O G U E

Look at you! You're so dark,❞ The girl announced loudly with a gasp, not caring that this will divert the attention of everyone else.

I was taken aback but it took more than this to hurt me now. I grinned, knowing very well which words were going to escape from my tongue next. ❝This is nothing compared to your black soul, darling.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

N O T E

This is the book 1 of the 'Camouflage' series.

This is an edited version of the previous 'Dark Skin' I wrote before unpublishing. This re-written version has a lot of changes. So, if you're not a new reader, I would suggest re-reading the chapters which will be published as from now and onwards. Thank you.

Book 2: Fair Skin. (To be published)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A B O U T

This is a short story which brings to life a girl with dark skin who deals with bullies and a broken home.

I DON'T need you to like the book. That's not the whole point. I need you to HATE it because racism is BAD! Everyone among us is a human being, even if he/she is black, white, purple, green!

We should treat every single human equally!

Please read this book with an open mind. There's going to be some persons with the fairest skin who would bully the one with a dark skin. However, this doesn't mean that every person with pale skin is racist. NO. NO.

This is fictional. But if you treat others badly, then stop. Then this story should make you see sense. Alright?

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who's constantly bullied because of his/her skin' colour. Does it feel good? Is it nice? Where's the logic? Think about it.

Lastly, it is in a short story format. There will not be a lot of narration as I opt to keep it simple.

That's all. Thank you!

em.