"Sydney do you need some help with your bags?" I turned back at Jack's voice but regretted it as he may have been talking to my mom but he was watching me walk away and he winked at me when he caught me looking at him. He looked even more yummy today wearing black form fitting jeans and a skin tight black t-shirt, he wore black army type boots, in other words he looked sexy as hell.

"If you don't stop looking at my under age daughter like that I won't even invite you back east as I promised."

"She turns eighteen in three weeks."

"Eighteen is still under age for you dragon."

He started laughing and the sound was magical I turned and left the house, I wonder what else my mom promised Jack but I know that if I had anything to say about it he won't be coming anywhere near Maine. I met Jamie at the car, she had already put my heavy suite case and duffle bag in the trunk and I put the suite case and over night bag beside them. "There doesn't seem to be enough room left for your mom's stuff."

"No need to worry Jamie I pack light the rest of the stuff your uncle is shipping back with Minnow's. Here Minnow put this in the back please." She handed me her suitcase that she was carrying and when I grabbed it I nearly fell over and would have if Jack didn't catch me.

"Falling for me now Minnow."

"You only dream."

"Every minute since we met."

"I will revoke your driving privileges if you keep insisting on talking to my daughter that way."

"Afraid she will come around Sydney."

"Yes." He started laughing and both my mom and I glared at him, I managed to straighten up and move away from Jack.

"I wouldn't, he's not my type." I said walking towards my mom trying to ignore the tingling of my body where he had touched me and the damn itchy mark behind my ear was driving me crazy.

"Stop it Minnow he's everyones type." I stared at her with my mouth hanging open. "What I'm married not dead." When I looked at her raising my eyebrow she physically winced. "Well dead is how you perceive yourself and I'm clearly not."

"Okay you two still realize he can hear you right?" Jamie said shaking her head at us, as she came closer to me I grinned at her. She had her long blonde hair pulled up in a tight pony tail which showed off her baby blue eyes, her father maybe hispanic but she got her coloring from her mom. I think that was one of the reasons her dad let her move in with his brother vampire friend aside, she just looked to much like her mom, he sill morned her or so I've been told I haven't seen him in years and it was brief.

"I am going to miss you so much." Jamie said wrapping me in her arms and hugging me tight.

"Your not coming to the airport to say goodbye."

"Of course we have to do some recon as a precaution."

"Recon."

"Don't mock me."

"Never." I said letting go of her. "See you at the airport."

Jamie went to the SUV that her uncle and David were waiting in and I climbed in the backseat of Jack's black fancy car as there was no way I was sitting beside Jack the hour ride to the airport. My mom and Jack got in and he turned over the engine and it roared to life. I sat back into the leather seat and closed my eyes, I was excited to see my dad again even though he just left I still missed him, so that's what I thought of when we fell asleep.

I woke up when the car suddenly stopped and I was jerked by the seat belt. "Ah,"I said as I rubbed where the seatbelt touched my skin, I looked to my mom but she was focused on her cell phone in her hand and Jack was looking over to it every few seconds. When the light turned green we were off again but in stead of turning right and heading for the departure lane we turned right and headed to the exit. "Hey what's going on we missed our exit."