Chapter 13

~Still Wes's P.O.V.~

I walk through the school, following her scent to the front doors, when I find another guy on his phone muttering something until I finally hear him yell out
"Damn it Violet pick up the damn phone! Call me back would you? That's it, I'm coming to your apartment, if you've done anything.... Fuck. Please just call me back Vi." His voice went from frustrated to worried as he spoke into his phone before slipping it back into his pocket.
I quickly ran up to him, "hey, you were just calling Violet?" I ask him.
"Yeah, I was, who are you and why do you want to know?" He eyes me cautiously.
"I'm Wes, Violet is my mate... I just met her this morning... Okay are you Max?" I said while running a hand through my hair as I thought about the situation and what he said at the end of his message.
"Yeah, I'm Max, wow you're her mate, well it's nice to meet you but look I've got to go check on her... She hasn't been in classes all morning I'm worried..." He trailed off.
"Yeah I...something happened when I found her and I'm worried as well... Can I come with you? I'll follow you if you just drive there... Please I need to know she's okay."
"Okay okay calm down I'll show you the way and let you in with me just come on I wanna hurry up."

We hurried out the front doors of the school and out to the parking lot, were he got in his jeep and I quickly got on my black Harley. He sped out of the parking lot and I followed close behind him. Soon enough we pulled into the parking lot of a tall apartment building and rushed inside. While in the elevator I saw him pull his keys out of his pocket and hold one out ready, and I stared at it, confused.

"I have a key to her apartment, she gave it to me a while back for specific reasons... It's not really my place to tell you. Don't think anything bad though, she's my best friend, the key was only in case of emergencies which...seem to happen more often than you'd think..." He mumbled the last part but I still heard him.
I nodded as the elevator stopped and we rushed towards a door, he unlocked it and we walked in.
Immediately her scent hit me, and I looked around, seeing the trail of her stuff that we followed to her bathroom door. When Max opened the door my heart dropped and tears rose to my eyes.
My beautiful mate was slouched against the wall, razor blade in her small palm, blood streaming from countless open cuts on her delicate wrists, and tears staining her perfect face.
He dropped to the ground in front of her quickly, snatching the blade out of her hand and throwing it across the bathroom.

"Damn it Vi... You promised me.. What pushed you this far? You didn't even text me when you left school... You could've just came and talked to me, but you didn't... Why? Why Violet?" He was yelling by the end of it.
I still stood frozen in the doorway, until he got up and snapped in my face.
"You just gonna stand there or are you gonna help me help your mate?"
"I- I'm sorry, I-uh yeah um I'll help you yeah yeah sorry I just-" I stuttered as I ran a hand through my hair but he cut me off before I could continue.
"I understand it's fine okay I know how hard it is to see her like this especially for the first time just come on and help me alright?"
"Okay yeah what do you need me to do?"
"Well first of all we need to wrap up her arms but I don't think that's gonna be enough this time we need to take her to the pack doctor..." He trailed off as he looked at her again.
"Okay well I can wrap her arms if you call the pack doctor so they can be ready for us when they get there I just need you to tell me where the gauze is so I have something to wrap around her wrists."
"Um third drawer down on the far right." He mumbled as he pulled out his phone.

Sure enough, there was a large thing of gauze in there. I grabbed it and quickly got to work, tears welling up in my eyes as I gently wrapped my poor mate's wrists with gauze, just wishing she'd waited for me at school rather than leaving and doing this to herself... Shit. This is all my fault.

"What the hell do you mean you won't help her? I'm your soon to be alpha you have to listen to me.
Is that so?
She's a member of the pack damn it why won't you help her?
She's not fucking worthless don't you dare talk about her like that ever again.
Damn it!" Max yelled as he slammed his phone down on the counter during his last sentence.
"What the hell was all that about? I asked as I finished wrapping her wrists and gently pulled her into my arms.
"Not only will they not help her, but they hung up on me." He growled.
"Let's take her to my pack then they won't refuse me they'll help her."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure my pack doctor is willing to help anyone who deserves it."
"Alright let's go. Do you want to ride in the Jeep with me? You can sit in the back with her and just make sure she keeps breathing and be there to calm her down if she wakes up on our way there."
"Yes I'll do it do you know how to get to the Nightstalkers pack?"
"It just so happens that I do come on we need to hurry."
"Alright lead the way I'm right behind you I'll carry her."