Spiders

Hey guys! I'm über sorry I haven't updated since May!! I just couldn't think straight or anything. But I'm back and PROMISE to update again soon(like a week or less) Enjoy! Also, please comment your thoughts about it and vote!

Instagram: @mortalinstrumentss 

@sarahribota

Twitter: @cityofbonesnews 

@SRibota

----------------------------

It's been a week since my friends date with Mason. We've texted each other and seen each other around campus. He would text me in the morning with "Good morning Reagan" and text me at night with "Good night. Sleep tight :)."

I would be crazy to say I didn't like it. It was really cute and I didn't mind one bit. Even Chelsea has noticed a difference in my mood.  

She doesn't comment on it, but I can tell she notices.

School has started and I will admit that I was disappointed when I found out Mason wasn't in any of my classes, but I'm not some love sick puppy who needs to be in every single one of his classes. I haven't even know him for that long.

I've watched my mom and her past relationships to know that you should never fall for someone to qucikly.

"REAGAN!" A scream breaks thorough the air. It comes from the bathroom. I jump up from my bed and run to it.

"Chelsea, what is it?" I ask as I swing the door open. All I see is Chelsea standing on the toilet with a towel around her screaming. She looks at me then points to the ground.

I look at the ground and spot a huge mother fudging spider. It's about the size of tangerine.

I gape at the monster in my bathroom. I just stare at it. That sucker is huge!

"Do something!" Chelsea screams.

I'm snapped out of my state of shock and run to grab a shoe.

I slam the shoe on the little mother fudger. I slap the shoe on the spider until I feel that it's dead.

I lift the shoe and sure enough, I see a bunch of spider guts. Yuck.

Chelsea has stopped screaming, thank goodness.

I look at her and see her face filled with relief. She looks at me and we both start cracking up. We're such babies when it comes to reptiles.

"I'm going to head out. I'm probably going to go get some food or shop around," I tell Chelsea.

"Okay. While you're out, can you get some bug repellent?"

I grin. "I'll remember to. If you see anymore, just squish them with a shoe instead of screaming. We wouldn't want a stranger walking in on you half naked."

"Whatever. Now get your butt out of here." Chelsea shoos me out.

I'm already dressed so I grab my purse and head out. "Bye Chels!" I yell as I shut the door.

"Don't forget the bug repellent!" I hear her scream. Okay, I guess I'll get the stupid bug repellent first. I walk out of the building and head towards the local garden shop. Might as well try there first.  

After fifteen minutes of walking, I see the little sign "Burt's Garden & More".

A bell goes off as I open the door. I'm greeted with a wonderful smell of flowers.

A girl around twenty years old greets me with a friendly smile. "Hello! Welcome to Burt's Garden & More! My name is Cassidy. Do you know what you're looking for?" Cassidy. That sounds familiar. She looks familiar too. Oh right! She's in my statistics class.

"Hey we're in the same statistics class, right?" I ask. That would be awkward if she wasn't in my class and I just rambled on about it while she's completely lost.

"Yep! I've seen you around in class. You're always taking notes."

Great way to be known that way. "Yeah. It's hard not to take them though, otherwise I feel like I'm not doing anything. Anyways, I'm Reagan." I hold out my hand.

She smiles then shakes my hand. "Hi Reagan. I'm Cassidy, as I already said."

"Oh shoot I forgot. By any chane, do you guys sell bug repellent?" They better have some, because I do not want to walk to a different store just because Chelsea wants me to.

"Yeah! They're on aisle eight, left side."

"Okay, thanks." I smile at her and walk to aisle eight. I walk down the aisle looking on the left side until I see the spray. I look at all the different types of sprays.

How in the world am I suppose to know which one to get?

"Do you need help?" A deep voices asks from behind. I twirl around and come face to face with a man about my age. His bright blue eyes and golden hair make my eyes widen. He's hot...but not as hot as Mason.

"I was just looking for some bug repellent. My roommate found a giant spider." I have to look up at him, considering he's 6'2.

"Oh, do you go to Santa Barbara?"

I nod my head. "Freshman."

"It's my second year there. By the way, I'm Dwain Martin." He grins.

"I'm Reagan Milton."

"Nice to meet you Reagan Milton."

"You too, Dwain Martin." I smile at him. He smiles back with that cheeky smile.

"So how are you liking Santa Barbara?"

"It's wonderful. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. The teachers are amazing. The campus is also beautiful."

"I take that as a 'I love the school'."

I look down in embarrassment. Did I really have to emphasis the beauty of this place? He would obviously know since it's his second year.

I feel a finger lift my chin. "Don't look down. You have beautiful eyes."

I look at him, shocked. I just met him literally three minutes ago and he's already complimenting me. "Oh-um thanks." I smile shyly.

"No problem." He gives me a cocky grin.

I hear a cell phone beep goes off. Dwain reaches into his pocket and pulls out an iPhone 5.

"No way! You have an iPhone 5! Gosh I wanted to get one, but it just never happened." I stop my mouth from rambling on.

Dwain looks amused at my ramble. "Yeah. I got this when it came out. It's pretty sick." His phone goes off one more time which gets his attention. "Hey I have to go, but I'll see you around Reagan. It was nice meeting you."

"You too." I turn back around and look at the bug sprays. I feel a cold metal slip into my hand. I turn around and see Dwain inches from my face.

"This repellent will get rid of all your bugs." He whispers into my ear. "Don't let the bed bugs bite." And then he leaves.

I don't know why, but that last part sends shivers down my back and it's not the good kind...

----------------------

New guy! Who's better? Mason or Dwain?  

• 

Comment who should be casted as Dwain!  

• 

Also, I know it's a short chapter, but at least I updated!  

• 

Kik: sribota23 

Instagram: sarahribota 

mortalinstrumentss  

Twitter: SRibota 

cityofbonesnews

Comment and Vote! <3