nine

Daphne's Point Of View

"I'm so boring!" Faith had complained about it for the 5th time in 10 minutes. A record, I might say.

"Put the news on, then!" I said to her. "Let's see if other's people problems can cheer us up."

It was a cold night in Sydney in July but it was fine. The warm of our flat was just amazing and I'm forever thankful to Michael, since he was the one who showed me this apartment. She changed into the news, while our eyes were boring watching the TV screen. 

It was around 8 p.m. and we had nothing to do. The boys had decided they needed also a night out since they rarely do it was a group because of the fans and now, because of Faith. 

Meanwhile they were having the fun of their lives, I was kind of best friendsitting Faith and keep her off the streets. News of poverty started to appear in the TV screen.

"I honestly don't see how this will cheer us up." She mumbled. "It makes me sad." She added, I laughed.

"Good news can appear!" I said, not really believing in it.

"Not even you believe it!"

"Can't you really blame me, can you?"

"No." She said, laughing.

"Oh well." I said.

"Stop!" She said, raising her voice and facing me.

"What?"

"I'm the one who says oh well, not you! Stop copying me!" She said, I know she was trying to keep her smile from showing off but I also knew she was half serious. She hates copycats.

"Okay, sorry!" I said, putting my hands in the air. "Sensitive." I mumbled.

She rolled her eyes, half smiling. "Yeah, whatever."

"And now, to take a break from the bad news, Ashton Irwin was seen with a girl who, apparently, is one of the most talked about trends in social network, Twitter, all over the world the last couple of days. Fans had taken photos of this two together and they are not happy about it."

Pictures of Ashton and Faith started showing up as the journalist talked. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV off.

"What the hell, Daphne?" Faith snapped. I couldn't risk her watching Michael and ruining the whole plan in seconds. Michael would never forgive me for being that careless.

"Watching TV for long periods can be unhealthy." I said, remembering all the lectures and advises my mom said to me before I move out with Faith.

"Says the girl who spends her entire days lying on the couch watching TV." She raised her eyebrows.

"Well, I'm trying to change my life for better." I defended myself.

"Have you found a job?"

"No..."

"Then, you're not changing!" She grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. I grabbed it from her hands and turned it off. "Daphne!" She yelled, confused and pissed off.

"What?" I innocently asked.

"Stop!" I could see she was getting tired of my behavior.

"No!"

"Excuse me?" She raised left eyebrow, almost saying repeat it again and you'll never see the sun again.

"I mean, let's go out." I tried to turn her attention away.