Not Again- Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

Once again I need to start from zero on friendship. First it was Harry, and now Cher. I drove into the student parking lot and found a space. I parked there and quickly took out my school bag and Star. I made sure to out my phone on vibrate and started my way towards the school gates.

"Hey Clearwater!" screeched the annoying voice of Kaitlyn.

I forced a smile and turned. I saw her and my "friends" by the water fountain. "What do you want Kaitlyn?" I snapped.

"Oh nothing I was just going to ask how your best friend is doing. Oh wait, that's right you don't have a best friend. You're just a lonely slut. Even your own friend is pretending like she doesn't know you."

"Fuck off Kaitlyn." With that I walked off towards my locker 713. I remember when I first saw my locker number I started fangirling because it was the same number vault that came out in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. On my way I waved and greeted everyone. Some asked me how my summer was and I politely answered. I lied to some people when they asked if I was sad because Cher left. I would just smile and say no. I know it's wrong to lie, but honestly I'm sure they're only talking to me because of Cher. I made it to my locker and I saw that Cher's old locker, 714, was occupied. I saw observed as I put my stuff away and grabbed my song book and notebook sand writing utensils, that the girl was having trouble opening it.

I told her, "Sometimes you have to kick the bottom left corner of the locker in order to open it. That's what my best friend did."

As the girl did that I noticed she had a silver medical bracelet on. I wonder what's wrong with her.

She turned around and gave me a grateful smile. She said, "Thanks! I've been trying to open it for awhile. By the way my name is Penelope Mayfield." As she spoke I noticed that she had pretty hazel eyes and blond hair that reached her waist. She was my height and thin as well. She was gorgeous.

"Hey Penelope. My name's Ariel Clearwater. I'm guessing you're new here?"

"I am actually. I'm a senior. I'm only 16, but I managed to skip a grade. What about you? You look around 16 as well."

"I just turned 16 this summer as well. I'm also a senior. Hey maybe we have the same class schedule. I can probably show you around and give you tips."

"You will? Oh I'd be so thankful if you would."

I smiled and we noticed we did have the same classes. "Well Penelope, I have one question. Are your parents paying for you to be here or-"

"Oh yes! I always told them I wanted to attend a music school. So they decided to send me here before..."

She trailed off, but I knew better than to pry open. I quickly led us to our first period. For the rest of the day we got to know each other and found out we are quite similar. As I said goodbye to her at the end of the day, I noticed that her parents picked her up from school and immediately hugged her.

I wish I had a family like that, I thought.

I guess you can say I had a successful first day of school. I made a new friend, and I'm pretty sure we will become closer. She showed me she was a good musician, but lacked a musical voice. Nonetheless the teachers, and myself, loved her. She wasn't trained like the rest of the spoiled rich people here to have a nice voice. I had a feeling I would be enjoying this senior year.

When I got home, the news from this morning flashed through my mind.

Usually she talked a lot about her best friend to the other contestants, but since 2 weeks ago, she hasn't mentioned her. Has she forgotten her?

I felt the tears spring into my eyes. I rushed upstairs and placed my book bag and Star on my couch in my bedroom. I made my way to the bathroom and closed the door. From my medicine cabinet I took out my companion for the past 3 weeks. My blade. As soon as I added a new cut to my left wrist, I felt at ease. The pain numbed me and I liked it. I wiped the cut clean. I returned to my bedroom, but I felt the pain return. I grabbed Star and my songbook and made my way to the roof. I started strumming her, and the lyrics started to flow freely. Within an hour I had completed a new song.

Don't Forget

Did you forget
That I was even alive?
Did you forget
Everything we ever had?
Did you forget?
Did you forget
About me?

Did you regret (did you regret)
Ever standing by my side
Did you forget (did you forget)
What we were feeling inside?
Now I'm left to forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

So now I guess
This is where we have to stand
Did you regret
Ever holding my hand?
Never again
Please don't forget
Don't forget

We had it all
We were just about to fall
Even more in love
Than we were before
I won't forget
I won't forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

Somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it
At all

And at last
All the pictures have been burned
And all the past
Is just a lesson that we've learned
I won't forget
Please don't forget us

Somewhere we went wrong
Our love is like a song
But you won't sing along
You've forgotten
About us
(Don't forget)