Chapter 47 - Mending

Start from the beginning

Instead of letting my mind wander on the situation I cleared my head and tried catching my breath like I originally intended. I should be focusing on making sure Keegan's alright, that kid's been through so much, I don't know if its safe to leave him alone. After collecting my nerves I returned to my bedroom. Keegan was nowhere in sight, that wasn't until I reached my bed that saw him. He fell asleep snuggling up in my blanket, still in nothing but his penguin briefs. He looked beautiful, as unusual as it is to refer to a guy being beautiful he truly did look like beautiful sleeping peacefully in the covers.

"Is it true... does he really like me?" I murmured to myself, taking a seat next to the bed. I'd be one lucky son of a b***h if he did. A few months ago I would've frowned at the thought of being with a guy, but now... I know for a fact that I'm in love this little goof. I hadn't realized my feeling towards men until I met him, of course he's still the only one I'm attracted to, though that's probably cause I don't think of any of my friends good looking, thought I know that's just me since everyone seemed infatuated with them and their looks. 

If I'd just acted on instinct back during the time of the trip none of the would've ever had to happen, but I guess I was being stupid then as well. Waking up with him sleeping against me was one of the greatest feelings, it was something I'd never felt before, and its been something I've longed for ever since the last day of the trip. I'd hoped I could continue holding him like that, but everything was sent into chaos thanks yo Alayne. I just hope he's eventually willing to forgive me, even though I don't deserve it. With all of the wonderful experiences we've shared it would pain me to know that hates me, but I guess that's what I've been doing to him over this past month. 

I truly am a screw up, I've been nothing but ungrateful my whole life, I take everything for granted. I have everything I could possibly ever need, I'm fortuned with an overly caring pair of parents, which is more than I could ask for, a cool but sometimes annoying brother, and I'm wealthy enough for me not to worry about financial problems. I have all of this and yet I'm still a cold jerk to everyone, while Keegan's been struggling with his father, and feels nothing in life is left to live for, and I get the feeling that's just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, I saw his cuts back when we were on the trip but after what Alayne had told me I figured it was some sort of act. Even despite all of this he's never snapped at anyone like I have.

Keegan's POV (Earlier)

"W-what the hell are you doing?!" A voice yelled out from behind me. I swung my head to towards the sound and saw a dark figure approaching. They pulled out a light and called my name.

"Keegan?" I recognized this voice, there was no mistaking it, it belonged to Theo. After what he did I was afraid he was still upset with me, maybe he wanted to hurt me like everyone else... I didn't trust anyone at that point. With every advancing step he took, I traded one backwards, trying to keep my distance. My heel got caught on the edge of the pavement, sending me to the ground. It aggravated my cuts, sending a whimper from my lips. I scrambled backwards, eventually hitting a pole, I had nowhere to run. I curled up, protecting myself with my hands and knees. It was a poor effort but I was losing spirit, and I definitely wasn't capable of running away.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologized repeatedly, hoping Theo wouldn't attack me. Its strange, I want to die, yet I don't want to be killed, I find just the thought of it terrifying. Maybe its that I feel I'll have some control over my life, even if I'm the one ending it.