16

The rest of our shopping adventures went much the same way. Both of us having very different style, and opinions, we actually argued quite a bit. Needless to say, it's not exactly what I had in mind with a day out with Phil.

"Can we get some food? I'm starving!" Phil asked, linking his arm with mine. I smiled at his constant need to be touching me. I'm not complaining.

"Of course, where do you want to eat?"

"Anywhere is fine."

"Let's go to the food court. They have all kinds of places to choose from." I took a risk and intertwined our fingers, smiling fondly at the younger boy beside me. His face lit up and he returned the smile, only 10 times bigger.

"Hey can you two fags take this elsewhere, I'm trying to shop and I don't want to see that. " I turned around sharply, dragging Phil with me. My body was shaking I was so furious.

"Hey dickwad, how about you shut the fuck up and shove a cactus up your asshole? I love him, and I can hold his fucking hand if I want. If you don't like it then walk away, you didn't have to say anything. It's 2015 for fucks sake, there are gays everywhere, so get the hell over it. Is being gay really the worst thing a person can be?! God damn." Everyone's heads had turned toward us and I could tell Phil was super uncomfortable so I led us out of the mall quietly, my mind racing.

I opened and closed Phil's door for him then took my time getting in and starting the car, trying to collect my scattered thoughts. I was mostly just mad that Phil had to hear that. I'm just so sick and tired of Phil getting all this shit. All I want to do is take him away from all of the hate and hurt of this world. I sighed loudly and backed out of the parking space looking behind me, my eyes landing on Phil for a moment. "I'm sorry Phil. That guy was an asshole. I had to put him in his place."

"Did you mean it?" His voice was so small I questioned whether I was imagining things.

"What?"

"Did you mean what you said?" He asked, a bit louder.

"I said a lot of things, Phil. You're going to have to be more specific." I gave him a sideways glance, he was fiddling with his thumbs.

"That you love me." Fuck.

"I said that?" I cringed, because I knew just how much that hurt him. His entire demeanor fell.

"Yes, you did."

"That was a mistake. I didn't mean to say that. I was just mad, so a lot of things came out of my mouth. You know how my mouth works faster than my brain, haha" Yea, and THIS was one of those moments.

"Yeah" was all he said before turning his body towards his window, which is how he spent the rest of the 20 minute drive back to my house.

God, Dan why do you have to be so stupid?!

A/N unedited as always

aww come here phil let momma hold you):

sorry it took so long to give you guys a proper chapter! I love you and thanks so much for reading you're all great!

I'm also writing another story "A Forever Home" it's in Phil's perspective. I haven't published it yet, but I want to know if any of you guys would read another one of my stories???