10

It doesn't really seem fair to me that I got a detention because Shane said I was "sucking cock" but it's whatever. At least it had given me time to finish my assignment for math, that I had forgotten to do.

Today was Phil's last day in the hospital and I couldn't be happier. I knocked once on the door and walked in, not waiting for a response.

I should have waited. Phil had just gotten out if the shower, and a white towel hung far too low on his torso. My eyes widened at the massive bruises, and the stitches from his surgery.

This is all because of me.

I must have started crying because Phil was soon holding my face, and wiping the tears away with the pads of his thumbs.  "Please don't cry Dan. Please." His voice was pleading with me and his own eyes were welling with tears.  "This isn't you." he motioned to his bruises "You didn't do this. Stop blaming yourself."  I sighed heavily and nodded my head, only because it's what he wanted. I will always blame myself for all of his pain and torment he went through.

"Turn around so I can get dressed." Phil giggled and pushed me away. "Unless you want to watch." He smirked at me and I smiled back, but turned around anyway. I wouldn't mind watching.

"Okay you can turn around." I turned and saw him in a colorful shirt with black skinny jeans, and.. shoes?

"Phil where do you think you're going?" I asked slowly.

"The doctors said I could go home today. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I can't eat another hospital meal." He laughed lightly and my heart leaped. He has such a cute laugh. "My mom will be here soon to sign all the papers and such. But meanwhile, can we go to the gift shop?" He smiled innocently at me, begging with his eyes.

"Okay fine, but I only have a $20 bill. I don't like using debit if I don't have to."

"YAY! Thank you so much Dan, you're the man!" I rolled my eyes at his rhyme, and walked behind him out of the room.

"So does this mean you're going to school tomorrow?"  I asked him.

"Maybe... I dunno yet." I could tell he was scared. Who wouldn't be? They nearly killed him last time, of course he's scared.

"When you come back, I'll be there to  protect you Phil." I smiled at him, attempting to comfort him, but the crease between his brows told me I had done the opposite.

"I don't want you getting hurt for me Dan." We had stopped in front of the gift shop, neither of us really feeling like going in anymore.

I rubbed my ribs where Shane had punched me earlier, and hell fucking yes it still hurt, oh my God. "They can't hurt me. I'm a tough cookie." I stuck out my tongue and walked in the store. Phil immediately went over to the plush animal dolls and he looked so happy. How the hell can someone be so freaking adorable, and still be human?! I turned my eyes to the small candies and picked out a few chocolate bars, for myself.

"Dan can I pretty please get this?" Phil help up a medium sized giraffe doll, and stuck out his bottom lip. I walked over and looked at the price, $15.99. I sighed dramatically, and set my chocolates down, no longer having the money for them.

"Of course Phil, I'd buy you the world if I wasn't so poor." He smiled widely and wrapped his arms around me. I liked this, I liked the feeling of Phil hugging me. "Why are you so cute?" I hadn't meant to say that out loud, but hey.

"You think I'm cute?" he asked quietly.

"The cutest, Phil."

A/N  (partially edited) lol not really tho

major feels im ded. bye
1.3k READS??!
237 VOTES????!???!??
200 COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!??!!!!
WHAT THE SHIT?!
i love you guys so so so so so so so much!

this chapter is dedicated to @katlettuce because i love reading her comments. shes funny and sweet xx