Chapter 12: Protection and Love

Mystery Persons POV

I sat on the little ledge of the window, taking my animgus form of an owl, peering into the Gryffindor common room as Fred Weasley told the group how he returned from the dead. I watched Lylah carefully, her hair changing colors between her natural auburn red, and the bright orange of the Weasley boy’s hair. She smiled every time he looked at her, and her eyes would shine. She was in love, and it was as obvious as a ray of sun.

I lowered my head, and let a tear escape my large owl eye. If Weasley proposed to Lylah, I would lose her. Once married, I could no longer protect her. Once married, I would never be her protector again. Once married, I would lose her. Weasley was a threat to me and I needed to make sure that wasn’t true! There had to be a loop hole in the rules of becoming a protector! And I would find it no matter what!

I took one last glance at Lylah’s beautiful face, spread my wings, and flew off. Millions of thoughts filled my head as I thought of my one reason for still being on this Earth, the girl who brought me back from the dead, and gave me a purpose to live life. That girl’s name is Lylah Heartman, or more known as: my daughter.

Draco Malfoy’s POV

It had been almost four hours since I ran away from Lylah. How stupid could I get? The yells she cried out begging me to come back to her rang in my ears, but I could still here those dreadful words she spoke to me before I left. Pain shot through my chest as I thought of Lylah getting married.

Wait a second, why did I care? She is just a friend! I should be happy that she is in love! And with the news of Weasley coming back to life, she would fall in love all over again with him!

Another pain shot through me. No, no, no, no. This couldn’t be happening. I wouldn’t let it! I’m Draco Malfoy, a Slytherin! And she is Lylah Heartman, a Gryffindor! We were complete opposites! And because of that fact there was no way that this could happen.

There was no way that I was in love with her.