Chapter 9: Fred

Hey everyone! Sorry that its been a while! I had a ton of trouble writing this chapter, so i hope that its acceptable! Enjoy!

read,comment,vote,fan<3

Chapter 9

After Harry and Draco shook hands, we all talked for a few hours, then people started leaving. First Harry and Ginny left, and then Hermione and Ron left together. Draco and I were then left alone.

“So, now your friends have accepted me and we are all on the path to becoming a little inseparable group.”

Draco smiled at me from the little chair next to my bed.

“When are you leaving, Draco?”

“I’m not.”

“You can’t possibly sleep here! Go back to the Slytherin common room, please? It’s my last night here, I don’t mind!”

Draco gave me a skeptical look. He clearly wasn’t going to give up so easily. Something strange in the pit of my stomach told me that I didn’t want him to go, but I tried to ignore it. I studied his face, taking in the structured jaw line, the pale blonde hair, his thin but pouty lips, and his enchanting grey eyes. Suddenly he cracked up laughing, and then fell over onto the floor.

“Thinking of me, Lyh?”

I smirked at the little nickname he had given me. But my smile instantly was swept away when I saw what he was looking at. In the little mirror on my nightstand, I caught a glimpse of myself. I looked like a female version of Draco! I must have thought to hard about his features! My hair then turned a bright pink, as did my cheeks, lips, and even eyes.

“Awe, don’t be embarrassed on my account, I thought you looked good, actually.”

I shook my hair out, returning to my normal features and colors before turning to him.

“Very funny, but I wasn’t thinking of you. I was just looking at you. I never really had the chance before.”

I smiled at him, and he returned it. I still wasn’t going to allow him to sleep in that chair, so I pulled back the covers next to me.

“Come on, I’m not about to let you sleep in that uncomfortable chair.”

Draco crawled in next to me and automatically turned to me. I suddenly felt very self conscious with him watching me. I learned backwards away from him and gave him a skeptical look. Why was he staring at me like that?

“Can I help you, Mr. Malfoy?”

He laughed and shook his head. I turned over and faced the wall, soon falling into a deep sleep.

I woke up to bright sunlight casting through the castle’s long windows, and felt warmth behind me. I slowly turned my head to see that during our sleep, Draco had woven his long arms around my waist, and had his head resting close to mine. I gasped in shock, but at the same time, I didn’t want it to end. I hadn’t felt so safe in someone’s arms since Fred. And here I was, cuddled in bed, with Draco Malfoy.

I heard the entrance doors to the Hospital Wing open, and I quickly shut my eyes, feigning sleep. Footsteps from about three people made their way over to my bed, identical gasps were suddenly heard.

“Whoa, good thing Harry isn’t with us. He still isn’t sure about Draco. And to see the girl he considers a sister wrapped up in Draco’s arms, I’m not sure that would be such a good thing.”

Ron’s voice filled the air, and Hermione’s giggle sounded by him. Ginny spoke next.

“Well, I haven’t seen her so at peace since Fred’s death. She looks like she did when I used to walk in on them cuddling.”

Draco stirred beside me, and woke up.

“It’s kind of uncomfortable to wake up to people staring at me. I thought that I was done with that when Pansy went crawling to Blaise.”

Draco’s voice was raspy from his sleep. He yawned then pulled me closer to him.

“Go away, I wasn’t done sleeping.”

“Obviously mate, you look like you’re never going to let Lylah go. I’m surprised she can breathe with the grip you have on her!”

Ginny and Hermione cracked up at Ron’s comment and I felt Draco’s laughter on my back.

“And I’m surprised your still here, when I could still be sleeping.”

I mumbled through half closed lips, and then opened my eyes to see the shocked faces of my friends.

“Have you been awake all this time, Lyh?”

“Yep, I actually woke up before they all came in.”

I looked over at my friends, and guilty looks crossed all of their faces. They hadn’t talked about Fred in front of me since his death, and they obviously felt guilty about me hearing them talk about him.

“Lylah, I’m so sorry. We thought you were asleep. I feel so bad that I ever made any comment!”

Draco looked over at me with a confused look from Ginny’s apology.

“It’s okay guys. I know that you all have been trying to not talk about him or say his name whenever I’m around. It’s getting pretty annoying actually. He is in my past. I will always love him, but I need to move on, and I have. I moved on the night George and I walked into the house together and he had his arms around me.”

Draco stiffened behind me, and I couldn’t help but be curious about it. Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all looked at their feet. A lone tear trailed down Ginny’s flushed cheeks.

“What are they talking about?”

I looked over at Draco, peering into his eyes, and feeling my own fill with tears. For some reason I felt guilty about loving someone else while Draco was holding me.

“They are talking about Fred Weasley, my dead fiancé.”

Draco took in a deep breath, slung himself out of my bed, and stormed out of the Hospital Wing. I extended my hand out after him, confused and wanting him back beside me. I turned to my friends, words not coming out of my mouth. But before they could, Madame Pomfrey walked into the room.

“Okay dear, be sure to come here every day during the week on your free period and we will work with your new abilities. You are free to go.”

I flung up from my bed and ran out the door, looking all around me for Draco, finding nothing. I slumped down to the floor, my hair and eyes turning blue as sadness over took me. I felt a small hand on my shoulder and looked up into the brown eyes of Hermione.

“Come on, Lylah. Let’s get back to the common room. We all have a surprise waiting for you.”

I slowly got to my feet, and trudged behind my friends until we made it to the common room. Thoughts of Draco flooded my head. Why did he leave like that? I had felt safe with him, and now I strangely felt alone. I felt like all the happiness had been ripped from me. Fred was gone, Draco was gone, and everything seemed empty now. That was until I walked into the common room, and looked up into a pair of familiar dazzling green eyes.

“FRED?”