New Year, New Man

Disclaimer, I don't own glee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The next day, school started back up again. Kurt woke up and did his morning routine. He picked out a simple outfit, and headed downstairs. Finn was standing by the toaster. Burt and Carole sat at the kitchen table, drinking their coffee. Kurt walked in and opened up the refrigerator. He took out the container of orange juice and poured himself a glass before sitting down. Carole smiled at her step-son kindly. Burt had told Carole about what happened between Kurt and Blaine. She wanted to be there for him, and she planned to when ever Kurt decided to turn to her for comfort. Finn's toast popped out and he put the now burnt bread on a plate. He plopped some butter on top and sat at the table as well. The family sat there quietly.

"Well, that winter break went fast." Finn spoke, breaking the silence.

Burt nodded his head. "Yes, yes it did."

Kurt got up from the table and put his cup in the sink. He turned back to face his parents. "I'm going to school now. I'll see you when I get home."

Burt nodded his head slightly. Kurt gave a small smile, and walked to the front door. He threw on his coat, grabbed his satchel and left.

***

Santana pulled into the parking lot of the school. There were only a couple of cars in the lot considering school didn't start for about another half hour. She recognized the navigator sitting a few feet away. She got out of her car and walked over. She walked around to the passenger side, and tapped on the window. Kurt looked up and saw Santana. He unlocked the car and let her in. Santana sat down and smiled at Kurt, but stopped when she saw he was crying.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" She asked worried. Kurt shook his head. He pressed the palm of his hands onto his eyes, trying to keep back the tears.

"I don't want to talk about it." Kurt sobbed.

Santana placed a comforting hand on Kurt's shoulder. "You know most of the time I'm a bitch. But I do care about you. So talk to me."

Kurt shook his head. "You wouldn't understand."

"I can try." Santana reasoned.

Kurt let out a deep sigh. "Since when do you even care?"

"Hey I'm trying to be nice here!" Santana defended.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry." The light haired boy apologized. "I've just been really cranky since Blaine and I broke up."

Santana's eyes widened. "Holy shit! You guys broke up?" She asked shocked. Kurt slowly nodded his head. "Why? What happened? I thought you two were, you know, in love." A new rush of tears filled in Kurt's eyes. He looked over at Santana and she pulled him close into a hug. "Do you want to tell me about it?"

Kurt pulled out of the hug and wiped at his tears. He looked a little unsure but he nodded his head. "When we first got to New York everything was perfect. We went out to dinner and we went skating. Then when we went to the New Years party he left me to go and talk with this guy named Sean. I was all alone the entire night. But then this other guy, Sebastian came over and sat with me. Blaine was flirting with Sean. I got mad and I may have had a couple of drinks. I got a little drunk and Blaine told me that I kissed Sebastian. I don't even remember doing any of it. Blaine also kissed Sean, and he tried making it like he could kiss him because he had confused feelings. But when I kissed Sebastian he called me a cheater. We got into a fight and then he broke up with me." Kurt explained. His tears fell and dripped down his cheeks.