“Mechanical device?” I questioned “It’s just a radio.”

Her eyes widened “Oh! Right, sorry just had a brain fart. Ha, ha, ha!” I just knew she was lying just now. I’ve grown to know Lexi by now to know when she’s lying. I don’t understand why she seems so confused about all of these things, I’m sure Canada has all of these things. Lexi has to know what they are unless she was sheltered, like really sheltered all her life.

It was possible too; I mean she told me how she ran away from home. It would make sense because she would want to see some adventure and explore her life but she said it had to do with being arranged to marry someone. Who the hell sets their seventeen year old daughter up to get married so soon?

I shook away the thoughts when I looked into the mirror noticing Lexi’s suitcase sitting in the backseat. The same suitcase I saw her with the day we met when I was with Jacob at a party. I remember spotting her in her green pajamas. Anyone could have spotted her because of her pajamas and her bright red hair, still hard to believe that the colour is real.

I looked and Lexi and smiled, I was lucky to have met her. She was someone special; you would be stupid to hate her.

Jacob and I went through the crowd of people until we reached the door and walked out. We walked towards my car and I was about to open the door when I spotted a girl walking along the sidewalk wearing a pair of green pajamas and one large suitcase with her.

I nudged Jacob and he looked in the direction I was looking in. 

"I wonder where she came from." Jacob whispered to me assuming she's not from here since she did have a suitcase.

I handed Jacob the keys to my car and mumbled "I'll be right back hold onto those." I said before walking away without waiting for a reply. 

Something about the girl just made me want to meet her, look at her, see what she looks like. She didn't even seem to care that she was in her pajamas and by the looks of it she was very happy.

Happiness, something I haven't had in a long time. Once I was a few feet away from the girl I called out "Hey you!" I saw her turn to face me looking a bit startled but I didn't care all I could focus on was how beautiful she was. 

Absolutely beautiful.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Lexi asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

Shit! She caught me staring, alright Noah just turn on the charm and lie.

“Sweetheart, why were you staring back?” I replied cockily.

She narrowed her eyes at me before she let it go. “So where are we going?” She asked looking out the window at the trees we passed by as we drove down the road.

I looked at her before looking back at her suitcase “You know I’d actually like to know why you were walking down the street alone, in the cold with your suitcase after school. You should be in the hotel, why were you walking down the street?”

~Lexi~

I looked away, I felt embarrassed to tell Noah that I got kicked out of the hotel. It’s soo not my fault I fell asleep on the elevator! I forgot how to work the buttons, alright!? I don’t work well under pressure either!

That Rebecca woman totally went over the line! She only got me thrown out because Noah paid more attention to me than he did to her, which is understandable; nobody wants to be with some old woman. That’s right I said it! Rebecca’s an old woman!