High School Troubles

Beau P.O.V.

"Beau Daniels, right?" The principals' light voice asked, looking through paperwork efficiently. "Yes sir" I nodded, sitting straight in my chair.

After 20 minutes of sneaking around to try avoid the humans, while simultaneously trying to find the front office, I had finally been directed to see the principal in his office. Turns out I was off by a long shot, I was literally on the wrong side of the school. When I did see the principal he introduced himself as Mr. Varlo, the principal of West California High.

"And your age? Mr Daniels?" He continued, flipping page after page. "Uh I'm 17, 18 in March" I answered quietly. He nodded, grabbing a pen and a pink slip from the drawer inside his desk. He began to scribble words before he handed it out to me. "Okay. Welcome to West California High" he said as I grabbed it. "Get each of your teachers to sign this slip and at the end of the day, bring it back to the office and the ladies will take care of it. I have someone coming to be your guide for the day, he was very excited. Don't worry though, he's very friendly and popular with everybody too" the principal explained, standing and guiding us out the door.

Waiting outside the door was a boy around my age, maybe a little older, with sky blue dyed hair, ice blue eyes and pale porcelain skin. For a human, this boy was flawless. A grin lit up on his face as he spotted me and he jogged over and grabbed my hands tightly.

My eyes shot wide and I tried to pull my hands away from his grip, unfortunately he had fucking werewolf strength I swear!

Sigh, I'm so goddamn weak. Can't even best a human at strength.

"Hey there new kid! My name is Dio Lorence. What's yours?" He asked excitedly. "Uh-uhm I'm Beau, Beau D-Daniels" I introduced myself, a little unnerved by his personality. "Oh cool name! Beau, it's really poetic huh?" He said, blabbering on about things I doubted he even knew what meant. "Uh sure. Dio is a pretty cool name too, is it short for something?" I asked as we began to walk down a hallway, waving to the principal.

Making conversation with this human was hard, he literally wouldn't stop talking, I fact he reminded me a bit of...Ni. I shook my head physically and that made Dio stop, giving me a weird look. "Are you okay?" He asked, tilting away as if I was the psycho one. "Yeah I'm fine, just thought of something" I answered, waiting for him to start walking again.

He slowly did and then seemed to forget about it and talk again. "So over there is the gym; for sports, gym classes, school events sometimes. All that stuff" he began, pointing to two large double doors where people were running around on a basketball court inside. "Uh, that's one of the men's bathrooms" he said pointing at a push-pull door to my right. "There are like, a billion of those, so don't worry about having to look too hard". I nodded and we turned down a corner.

"So there are different buildings for different main subjects. Block A; is the maths block, everyone here dreads that block" he muttered shuddering silently. "Then there's Block B; that's the English block. It's pretty cool and the teachers are chill". I nodded, taking in the new information quietly. "Okay, so Block C; C is the science block, it has all the labs and stuff over there. Uh, Block D is off grounds cause that's the teachers lounge and stuff. Block E: that's for all the elective classes we have, they're basically used for anything" he said pointing in order to each of the octagonal shaped blocks. "And Block F; that's the counselling block, but everyone only goes over there cause they say that the two councillors are hot as fuck, hehe ew" he grimaced, wrinkling his nose.

"You don't agree?" I assumed, raising an eyebrow. He laughed and scratched the back of his head. "Well it would be weird if I did, they're my parentals" he chuckled. I flushed in embarrassment and nodded. "Oh okay, aha sorry". I muttered awkwardly. "Nah it's fine. Uhm, and last but not least the Cafeteria is Block G. Then you have the obvious things like the oval, the library, the dance studio, all that kind of stuff" he finished waving his hand dismissively.

"So. Yeah! What do you think?" He asked brightly. "Uhh, it's big? But it looks pretty cool" I said, offering a small smile. "Haha yeah, this school is the biggest in the state, it's an alright school, teachers suck sometimes and they give out hard work and stuff. But that's just school I guess" he rambled on, shrugging uncaringly.

"Well anyways, we have the same schedule so our next class; History, is in 5 minutes. It's a pretty chill class actually and our teacher is my dad, he's a sub for a couple weeks at the moment. Then after that is break, lunch, for half an hour before Japanese languages class" Dio explained, flapping through papers to look at my classes. "Uh huh, sounds cool. Should we go?" I asked, motioning down the hall with my head.

"YEAH! Dad'll probably like it if we're early anyways" he grinned, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the hall.

Eventually we reached a room with a green door and Dio shoved the doors open just as a loud and angry bell droned. I winced at the sound in my ears and rubbed the left one gently.

"Hey dad!" Dio shouted as we entered the green room. A man turned around quickly at the boys loud voice and he sighed, shaking his head.

I stopped and frowned a little confused. Dio looked nothing like the young man standing before us. And it was literally impossible for this guy to be his dad, the guy looked like he was only in his early twenties! "Haha you look confused. I guess your wondering how I'm so young yet he calls me dad?" The man said while leaning back against his desk.

"N-No..." I lied, pursing my lips and turning my head to the side. "Well we still have a few seconds before people start piling in. Dio is my adopted son" he explained, ruffling Dio's hair fondly. "My name is Deklan Lorence, but your to just call me Deklan, everyone else does anyways" he grinned, pulling the door open as others started to walk in.

I quickly secured a seat right at the back behind a red head girl, the best part was that it was a window seat. "Hey" I murmured quietly as I sat down. Politeness was always a trait of mine I liked.

"Go away" she muttered dully, not even sparing me a glance. I blinked at her and turned my gaze away from her back.

Humans are so fucking weird.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Haha, so... That was a boring ass chapter. Oh my gosh guys, I found the perfect pic of Dio, I'll put it up in the next chapter but he so fits the profile haha.

Oh and that's the school uniform, pretty cute I suppose. Uh, yeah. I'm gonna go now, Byee.

Vote
Comment
Love you guys
Byee