Rejection.

This is Raoul, he's a d*ck and stuff so yeah, ON WITH THE STORY! Btw guys I'm really sorry with the whole crappy slow update thing. I'll try harder since I've finished school now. Thanks guys and byee😘

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat out there for almost 3 hours in the cold. Mom was right. It even began to snow.

My wounds had finally healed up and I felt a little better. Yeah, it takes me that long to heal; after all, I am the runt of this pack. Being the runt came with the full package; slow healing, slower reflexes, small wolf when I shifted, I couldn't see or hear as far as the others, my power was weak and my body was fragile.

Being the runt sucks. My dad always told me that if I wanted to surpass being the weakest link in the pack, that I had to strive to do it with my own two hands. Life wasn't as easy as sitting back and letting success come to you. I had to try. And in my case, I had to try harder.

My thoughts were interrupted by a chorus of people inside the house. "Happy birthday to you~!" They sang. I flicked my eyes to my watch to see that they weren't just early.

Midnight in 30 seconds.

"Happy birthday to you~" I sang along with them under my breath. "Happy birthday, dear Skylar. Happy birthday~ to~ you~".

And then the clock hit midnight and cheers were heard from all around. I heard footsteps from beside me and I glanced up to find Nirvana standing there, her hands clenched into fists at her side. "If you don't tell me what's going on with you Beau, I'm going to beat your ass" she growled. Taking a threatening step forwards.

Like I don't know what that feels like.

"Ni, you gotta go. We can't be friends anymore" I murmured, not making eye contact. The words tasted so bitter on my tongue. "What!?" She yelled, outraged. "And why the fuck not!? Has this got something to do with why that dick Raoul said that I should stay away from someone like you?" She asked, her hands on her hips. I blinked at the new information and shook my head.

"No, it has nothing to do with that Nirvana" I answered calmly. She flinched at my use of her full name.

I hadn't called her Nirvana since we were 6 and she broke my arm on the trampoline. I had been so angry at her that we didn't speak for weeks after until she offered me three whole blocks of chocolate. I wish we could go back to those times. What I wouldn't give.

Ni scoffed, her eyes narrowed in anger. But even behind that I saw her internal pain. "Well fine. We'll stop being friends Beau, but I sti-" Ni was cut off by a loud and terrifying roar from inside. We both jumped and spun around to look as the back door went flying off of its hinges.

I jumped to my feet and stood in front of Ni protectively. Alpha Skylar came thundering out, his body shaking wildly and his fists clenched by his side.

Danger. Run.

That was all that ran through my head at that moment. I whipped around and looked at Nirvana. "Fucking run Ni!" I shouted, pushing her away from me as alpha began to run my way. I pushed off the side of the house and started to run towards the woods.

People from inside; most of the pack, came tumbling out after him wide eyes all round in confusion. Including mine.

What had I done? Why was the alpha so angry? It couldn't be because I was talking to Nirvana right? I mean, he was mad before but he wasn't this pissed off. He hadn't been this angry before, not that I'd ever seen.