Kill Phil (Phil Coulson x reader)

Start from the beginning

He closed his eyes and hung his head, mumbling to himself in disbelief, "she's my sister."

~~~

Phil snapped his vest closed and checked the ammunition in his weapon. "I'm not going to kill her, Hunter. I have an ICER with me; the gun is only for a back-up, okay? I want to help undo what Hydra did, if I can get her to believe me before she kills me."

"I'm going with you." Hunter threw on his vest and began to step in front of Coulson. "I have to go with you."

"That's not a good idea, she probably doesn't know you and we can't be sure how-"

Before Phil could finish, Hunter was already out the door. He followed behind with his weapon drawn and ready to incapacitate you at a moment's notice. He was telling the truth when he said he didn't want to kill you, or to even hurt you. You hadn't chosen what happened, or how Hydra had kidnapped you and mutated you into one of their enhanced weapons. He wanted to give you the chance to be who you were, and for Hunter to regain the sister he knew.

But he wasn't about to risk the lives of any of his team for you, either.

"(Y/N), what are you doing here?" Hunter was standing in front of you, holding his hands towards you with his palms up, "I know you don't remember me, but I'm your brother, love. I know what those bastards did to you. But let us help you, please."

You remained expressionless as you spoke to him, though your patience was beginning to quickly wear thin. Your mission was to kill Agent Coulson. It was very clear. If this man continued to get in your way, he would become collateral damage in order to complete your task. "I don't remember you. I want Agent Coulson to come out now," you said, raising your gun to him, "or you will die and I'll go in after him."

Phil stepped down the ramp; his hands empty with his weapon holstered now and his arms at his sides. "I don't want to hurt you, (Y/N). I know that Hunter doesn't want to hurt you either. Hydra has brainwashed you to kill me, they've altered your physiology, and who knows what else, but I want to help you."

You lifted your gun, aiming at the center of Coulson's chest. "I don't want your help. I want to complete my mission. That means I have to kill you, Agent Coulson." Despite the resolution in your voice, your mind was becoming confused. Why would he willingly step before you if he knew what you were there to do? Why would he want to help you, a Hydra operative, when you were his enemy? The other man with him was familiar to you, but you didn't know why. "You have no reason to want to help me."

"But we do," Hunter said as he took another step towards you. "We absolutely do, (Y/N). You're my sister. Hydra took you from us years ago, and no matter what we did, we couldn't find you." He took yet another step when you didn't resist. "I want to help you remember. Please let me help you. I love you, (Y/N), and I've missed you so much, for so long."

The clouds began to darken over your head and winds began to spin around the three of you. Phil stumbled back just a bit as the earth below him began to tremble and crack. Your mind couldn't comprehend what he was saying.

"Guys?" Skye's voice was loud over the comms, "guys, you need to get in here. Her heart rate has almost tripled. I think she's losing control."

"You can't help me. You can't...I'm not who you think I am...you can't." You dropped the gun to the ground and fell to your knees, holding your head. Hunter ran to your side but was hesitant to touch you. "I'm so confused...my head..."

A crack in the ground began to form and open towards you, but you didn't see it. Hunter took the risk and grabbed you in his arms, running towards the plane. You didn't fight him; you were too lost within your own mind to realize what he had done. Lightning began to strike all around you, creating flashes that blinded Phil and disoriented him to where he was standing. He didn't see the ground break beneath him and you heard a scream as he fell.