T.A.H.I.T.I. (Jemma Simmons x reader)

Start from the beginning

"Please, call me Steve."

"S-S-Steve."

"Okaay," you finally interrupted, "as much fun as this is, we have plans." She kept looking back as you led her to the elevator. For someone who was scared to come up there in the first place, she sure was willing to stay there now.

Once the elevator doors closed, she elatedly jumped at you, shaking you by the arms. "Oh my god, (Y/N)! Did you see that?!"

"Yeah, Jemm, everyone saw that," you laughed.

"I can't wait to tell Coulson that Captain America actually flirted with-" Realizing what she had just done, her eyes were immediately full of shock at her own mistake. Her mouth closed as she lowered her head, evading your eyes.

"Simmons, what the hell did you just say?"

~~~

"You expect me to keep a secret like this?! How can you even ask that of me, Jemma?"

"(Y/N), please, they can't know!" She was pacing across the floor of your room now, terrified that you would run and tell the team this massive secret. "Oh, they are surely going to kill me," she mumbled under her breath. "Oh, this is bad. This is really bad."

You sat on the edge of your bed, still in disbelief that Phil Coulson, the man who brought you to this team, the man whom you mourned like he was your own father, was alive after all this time. It was hard to decide if you were angry, betrayed, thrilled, or just in shock. Your feelings were all of these things, and you were overwhelmed by the fear of how the team would react, particularly Tony. He had taken it the hardest, and would likely take this news the worst. Maybe she was right. Would it really be better not to say anything? Really, it wasn't your place to reveal this, it was Phil's.

"I want to contact him."

"What?! No. No, (Y/N), you can't."

"Ugh, dammit." Steve was calling at the worst possible time. Grabbing your phone, you stepped out into the hall for privacy as well as to get your mind together from the information you had just learned. "Hi, Steve. What's up?"

"We need to go. I know I promised you a day off, but I'm gonna need you on this one. I'm sorry."

Frustrated, you closed your eyes and let out a small groan as you rubbed your forehead. "It's ok, actually. Plans have changed anyway." Shoving your phone back into your pocket, you stormed into your own room to gather your gear.

"Change of plans. The team just got called. You can stay here if you want, it didn't sound like it should take long." You brushed past her towards the door, not stopping to say goodbye.

"(Y/N)-"

You slammed the door shut before she could say any more.

~~~

When the jet finally landed again at the tower, Jemma had been waiting in the common room, trying to be inconspicuous. She was jolted into attention as Thor stormed down the hallway.

"Where is that friend of (Y/N)'s?" He was calling back to Steve, who was carrying you, limp in his arms. Natasha was supporting Clint as he stumbled behind. "She knows medicine, does she not?" Spotting her thru the window, Thor burst thru the doors, nearly taking them off their hinges. "We need your help. Immediately." He quickly ran after you with Jemma following close behind.

"Put her on the table, there. Mr. Barton on that one."

"I'm fine, just focus on her," he groaned as he sat on a nearby chair.