The Bad Boy Cares?

~Chapter 13~

"Mom Claire didn't have anything to do with this I promise." Alex attempted to convince him mom, standing up for me.

"Of course she didn't. Claire would never do such a thing. You let her end up in this situation and I trusted you."

"But I had the keys!" They continued to argue and I really hoped Alex would shut up about the god damn keys.

"I'm really sorry Maura. I shouldn't have agreed to it." I apologized.

All three of us were sitting on the couch after Maura paid the bail money which I felt really bad for.

"It's only been a month and you already ended up in jail because of my reckless son. I have no idea what to tell your mother, Alex should be the one apologizing." She says apologetically.

"Oh no I'm very thankful that you gave me a place to stay. I'm just wondering when my mom will be back." I ask.

"Oh honey she'll be back soon don't worry." She reassures me and I smile.

"As for you Alex." "You'll be grounded from going to any one of your parties and staying after school."

"Mom what the fuck I had the keys!" He gets up

"Watch your language. Go to your room." She orders him sternly.

We both head upstairs.

"We should go somewhere since we're not going to school." He suggests.

"You should go to sleep and dream about that, I'm not going anywhere else with you forget about it." I walk away

"Wait no breaking i- I mean entering buildings we should just got to McDonald's. I promise."

"What about Maura? She's not gonna let us."

"You jump I jump, remember?" He grins,

"Did you just use a titanic reference?" I laugh

"Maybe," he smiles sheepishly,

"It's fine she's in her room, let's just go, I do this all the time," he says casually walking downstairs.

God damn you Alex Hunter, for turning me this rebellious.

"I don't really have any money sorry."

"It's on me come on." He says grabbing my hand and we head outside.

After a while I realized he was still holding my hand and people were staring at us. We looked like a couple.

"Alex .. My hand." I speak.

"Shit sorry." He lets go and we both turned red.

"All the girls are staring at you and glaring at me." I say quietly. "They probably think I'm too ugly to be with you" I laugh it off,

I didn't like to think I was ugly but when I walked beside Alex it didn't really help my case. I could hear some girls mocking me and I tried to not listen to them.

He turns around facing me, "Hey, don't say that. I'm Alex Hunter, I only walk with pretty girls."

I was silent, stunned, and dumbfounded. In fact I didn't know whether to thank or slap him.

"Here give me your hand." He holds out his and I let him hold my hand.

"Alex they're going to think we're a couple." I whisper

"Let them."

Wait what?

I simply held on to his hand and buried my face in his sweater hoping he wouldn't be able to see my face right now.

We finally reached McDonalds and he let go of my hand.

"What do you want to eat?" He asks me.

"Salad," I say and he roles his eyes at me.

"Can we please have 2 burgers with fries and Coke?" He orders for me and I tap him on the shoulder.

"What was that?" I ask confused.

"You haven't ate anything since yesterday, did you think I wouldn't notice?" He looks at me.

"I was in jail." I say looking down.

"We both know it was before that," He speaks "Listen you don't have to worry about how you look all the time when you're with me, if it makes you feel any better those guys over there are checking you out?"

I laugh, "They're checking you out."

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows confused,

"Alex they're gay"

His face turned from confused to embarrassed. I burst out laughing.

"Anyways, you're pretty hot to me," He grins.

"That was really sweet, but can I have my burger?" I ask and he smiles.

"Now you sound like yourself," he chuckles. Then we find a table and sit down. We talk and we laugh. For some reason Alex makes me forget about all my worries. As much as I hated to admit it. I loved being with him. Even though he's  stupid,reckless, and has an ego that's a size of Canada, he was dysfunctional in the best way possible. From the outside he was your typical popular bad boy, but from the inside, he had a soft side that only I knew about. He was special and different. I was scared that I'd be losing our bet. What the heck are you doing to me Alex Hunter?

*****I finally updated haha!! 1K omg I love you guys so much<3

*****
I finally updated haha!! 1K omg I love you guys so much<3