"Is that jealousy I sense?"

Picture on the top is of Andrew.
************
~Chapter 3~

I go to math class, and take my usual seat in the front. I loved math with a passion, it was weird in every single way but it all made sense to me. Seating in the front helps me concentrate, while back seats distract me. Call me a nerd, but caring about your grades isn't such a bad thing as people make it seem. In order to join the 'nerd species' and you need to have:

1) perfect grades
2) wear glasses

And I just happened to have both of them.

Now, before you say 'that's so stereotypical!' well guess what, this is society where everything is based on stereotypes. If you have glasses and perfect grades you're automatically labeled a nerd, it's not a title that you work up for, it's a title that's given to you.

Class was over and I was happy that I was finally free from all those glares. I was heading to my locker when I spotted my childhood best friend, Andrew, whom I like to to call Andy. Which he, by the way, hates. Me and Andy have been friends for 17 years because we happened to be neighbours, will used to be at least.

"Sup Andy!" I say patting him on the shoulder lightly

"Don't you 'sup' me Claire Calderon Armstrong."

I frown,

Did he just call me by my full name?

Calling, mentioning, or even talking about my last name was taboo. Yet spelling out my full name. How dare he! I've always hated my last name, reason being my initials spelled "CC" which I was teased about back in pre-school. There was a point when the whole school even called me that. And guess who started that? Yes Andrew Russell. Silly, I know but he knows better than to bring it up.

"Did you just..?" I replied equally as pissed.

"Oh yes I did! We have known each other for our whole life and one day I knock on your door only to have your other neighbours tell me that you packed away and left for 2 months. 2 fricken months without telling me! That's not all I find out that Alex Hunter drove you to school on his stupid motorcycle?" He exploded, "Alex Hunter! Alex fucking Hunter! You know how much I hate him!" He lectured,

I really didn't understand why Andy hates Alex so much. They had this rivalry thing about everything.

Before we have the whole school staring at us I grabbed Andy by his wrist and walked down to the cafe since we had lunch then sat at our usual table with Emma. I guess I did owe both of them an explanation.

*****

"YOU'RE LIVING WITH ALEX HUNTER FOR 2 MONTHS!!" Emma quietly yelled,

"Em, I can't have the whole school finding out!" I scolded.

Andy kept quiet which was scaring me. I expected him to like yell and give me one of his lectures.

"Andy...?" I broke out the silence, trailing off.

"We've known each other for 17 years, we're neighbours, our parents are friends, why couldn't you stay with at our house? I mean I understand our house isn't the cleanest or the biggest, my moms cooking sucks, and-" Andy said sounding hurt before I cut him off.

"That's not it! It's just that.." I say not finding the right words to say.

"Just that what?"