Eventually Casper got so confused with everything and feeling really lonely he decided he needed help and advice and probably someone he could just vent and talk to. He texted her on the Friday to not make any plans the next day. She instantly replied saying that she was fine with Casper coming over. He just hoped she would be able to help.

*~*

In a way, Darla’s house was as interesting as Logan’s was extravagant. Her parents travelled a lot and the house was filled of souvenirs from their journeys and it fascinated Casper. He couldn’t get enough.

The living room was almost filled to the brim with all different ornaments and paintings, swords and other weapons. In their dining room they didn’t have table and chair but a kotatsu, a Japanese table that you had to sit on floor cushions to eat on, that was actually brought back from Japan years ago before they actually had Darla. They even had mini running fountain as a tap in the upstairs bathroom.

Every room was practically a different country or a few mixed together. All except Darla’s.

Darla’s room was simple: a bed, a desk, a wardrobe, and curtains. She didn’t really believe in flaunting the places she had been the way her parents did. She would rather just tell people where she had been and what she had done rather than bring everything she could back and practically stick it into people’s faces. Plus she thought the souvenirs were tacky and she didn’t even want to travel in the first place.

“It’s not fair Cas. I miss loads when I’m away and they even take me from school sometimes!” Darla complained to Casper the day after she had just returned from a two week trip to Africa, she had a nice brown colour to her usual vampire pale skin. “I mean what kind of parents are they?”

Casper didn’t say anything to that because he loved the idea of his parents taking him all over the world, learning new cultures, being out of school, actually  being somewhere sunny for once. Casper had never had a holiday out of Britain and he would do anything to see something beyond English beaches and Scottish mountains but he knew his parents weren’t made of money so he couldn’t blame them for it. So he couldn’t really agree with her and say “Yeah, they are the worst” because Darla had it pretty good and she was definitely one of the luckiest people Casper knew but he didn’t hold it against her that she sometimes was ungrateful for what she got because she didn’t know any better.

“I’m assuming the reason you’ve come to talk to me has something – or everything to do with what happened last week.” Darla stated while lying on her bed and painting her nails black. Casper was sitting on the floor with his back pressed against the low bed and stared at the plain grey carpet. Of course it was obvious that she would have guessed. What else was there to freak out about? World hunger? The fact that Robert Downey Jr. may not be continuing as Iron Man for eager awaited sequel, Avengers 2? No, James had somehow made himself the number one problem in Casper’s life and it seemed to have become blatantly obvious to those that surrounded him.

Darla sighed as Casper continued to stay silent, taking it as a sort of confirmation – not that she had any doubt it was anything else in the first place. “I don’t know what you’re freaking out about – it was one measly little kiss. No biggie.”

Casper swung his head up.” What do you mean ‘no biggie’?” He gave a slight cry,” this is totally a biggie! This may be the biggest crisis of my life and I don’t know what to do to stop it!”

“Why do you want to stop it?”

“Because it isn’t right!” Casper all but screamed, hands flailing before the returned to his sides again in defeat and his eyes cast to the ground once again.