Chapter 24

As I waited for Kakashi at the gates, a messenger bird told me to go to the Hokage. I sighed sadly and disappeared to go see her. It was probably for a mission, but still. Kakashi was supposed to be back sometime today and I wanted to see him!

"Yes Lady Tsunade?" I muttered and bowed my head down slightly in respect. She waved for me to raise my head.

"No need to be formal. Soon Naruto and Sakura will arrive. You are to scout out Sasuke." My eyes widened. I thought I'd have to request to be sent out but this was perfect. I'm sorry Kakashi, but this was better than saying hi to you. "If you can, avoid fighting him." I scoffed, cutting her off from her sentence and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Yeah right! I'm going to kick his sorry butt and drag him back!" I insisted and she merely smiled.

"I was going to say, avoid fighting him because of Naruto. If we can avoid him turning to the Nine Tails for help, then that'd be great. That's why you're going to be the captian, so you can stop Naruto but stop Sasuke also. If I'm right, the Third only sent you on S-ranked missions and recently got back from one?" I frowned.

"In a way, my last mission was probably more intense than S-ranked. It could probably be counted as a Z-ranked mission, but there's no such thing." I smiled at my small joke but turned serious again. "I just do my best to help Konoha."

"I see. Well if you could just wait a few more-" She was cut off by the door slamming open and Naruto running in, Sakura following close behind. They've... grown so much.

"June-sensei!" Naruto and Sakura yelled together in pure happiness. I grinned at the two of them.

"Hello. Nows the time to be serious so shut up and pay attention to Lady Tsunade." I demanded and everyone sweat dropped. I turned back around to the Hokage and pursed my lips. "Sorry for my inappropriate outburst. When will we be leaving?" Please let it be tomorrow, please let it be tomorrow.

As if Tsunade read my mind she replied while smirking, "Tonight." I resisted a sigh. Hopefully Kakashi will be here earlier. "June, you're dismissed. Good luck." I smirked back smugly.

"It's more like a certain boy needs luck. No- not you Naruto." I waved to them and then paused. "My place at seven." I instucted them and poofed back at the gates. Izumo and Kotetsu seemed like they just got there. I grinned. I haven't talked to them for awhile. I think the last time was when they were just little genin. I see them all of the time though, running errands for Tsunade. I walked up to them, my hands in my pockets.

"Hello boys, what are you up to these days?" I greeted and both smiled lopsided.

"June-san! We haven't talked to you in... forever!" Kotetsu exclaimed while franticly waving his arms around. I patted his head like a dog and put my hand back in my pocket. "We need to catch up! How about tea, my house?" he asked hopefully. I sighed.

"Tsunade has me on a 'Catch Sasuke' mission with Naruto and Sakura tonight, sorry." I informed and they both groaned.

"Why don't they just give up on him?" Izumo asked and I frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"They already tried getting him back twice, and I heard he's with Orochimaru now." he said and my frown deepened. What is Sasuke thinking? Obviously not clearly.

"Huh. Well they have me, and when I'm pissed at somebody, they know it. Because they are either beaten to a pulp or dead." I angerily grumbled.

"Wasn't Sasuke one of your assigned genin?" Kotetsu asked me quietly, not sure what to say.

"Oh yeah, and he is one naughty student." I glanced over my shoulder as a familliar smell of blood was near. I grinned. "Kakashi's back." I told them and winked at them playfully. Kotetsu raised an eye brow.