Chapter Eighteen

Later Pein told me I have a mission tomorrow at the crack of dawn. I was happier that Sasori and Deidara was going to get up early to go when I realized something. SASORI DOESN'T SLEEP! I ran to his door and knocked like a madman.

"Sasori! Sasori!!!" He opened the door and peeked at me. He was out of his armor and he was a good six inches taller than me.

"Yes?"

"You don't sleep!" and I grinned. I never had company at night. It was about two in the morning and i am really bored. He chuckled and smiled.

"Nope. Neither do you, I see." My smile went wider.

"Nope!" He opened his door for me and went to a desk that had blocks of wood.

"I'm working on a new puppet for tomorrow." He showed me two arms and explained how there was holes for kunai.

"What are we doing tomorrow?" He eyed me for a moment.

"Leader-sama didn't tell you? You are the main one... Oh well I guess your not supposed to know till we get there. But we are going to the thunder country." I groaned, knowing it's something I will not enjoy. I walked to a puppet that was on a stand, noticing it was not detailed or painted.

"Can I work on this one?" Sasori glanced at me and the puppet.

"It's done already. what more is there to do?" I sighed.

"Can I???" He nodded slightly and I hopped over and took his hand. "Close your eyes, Sasori-kun!" He obeyed and I made a tiger sign.

"Kuat!" I cried and we poofed.  

"Open!" He slowly opened then and saw we weren't in his room.

"Paint shop? Seriously??" He huffed and let me drag him to the wood paint.

"Can you see in the dark?" I whispered to the puppet. "Yeah, can you?" "Yeah" I noticed i was still holding his hand but I didn't let go. I chose a red color and a dark green. I got some paint brushes and decided we needed money for our trip tomorrow.

Well, later today. I set the painting stuff on the counter and hopped on the counter, letting the puppets hand go. I opened the security tape holder with a jerk, broke it, and tossed it in the trash. Then I jumped down next to the cash register and forced open the money part. I looked up at Sasori and grinned, taking hundreds and fifties out and handing it to him to keep it safe.

He looked a little unsure but took it anyways. I grabbed the paints and his hand again. "Eyes." He closed them. "Kuat!" I repeated and we disappeared and went home. When I dropped Sasori's hand from mine he reopened his eyes and sighed, most likely glad to be back. I opened the fresh green paint and painted eyes and a mouth for the doll. I painted fingernails and toenails, pants and ears with the green. and with the red I made a nice shirt with a small green akatsuki sign on the back. I stopped suddenly when I smelt Itachi's blood down the hall.

"I'm hungry" Sasori nodded and put down his carving tool.

"I finished, June-sama." It looked like the one I just painted, but more slots for kunai. And he carved a heart where there should be one. "Let's go eat." - Pissie whined in the kitchen when Sasori and I arrived. I rubbed her ears and gave her fresh dog food and water. Sasori made him and I a sandwich but I couldn't eat it. He probably forgot I need blood. I got out a glass and went to the freezer and got a new gallon of blood out. Yummy. When I came back, Sasori's eyes widened and he shot up.

"I'm sorry June, I forgo-" I held up my free hand.

"It's okay, Deidara can eat it. In fact, he needs to get his lazy butt up!" I left the kitchen and began to drain the blood. It only satisfies me a little but it will do until later. I sipped the last drop when I reached his bedroom door. i need more.