Chapter 8

(still Toby's POV)

I hated that Jenna knew why I was really here. I never directly told her, but she knew. It's like I'm keeping a secret but somehow everyone already seems to know what it is.

I also hate that I admitted to myself why I'm really here. But I had to come to terms with the fact that I was lying to myself, and deep down I knew it.

I came back because of her. And I intend not to waste any time. I know this while take a lot of time for us to even be friends, but nothings going to happen if I don't get started right away.

...right after I get coffee. I need coffee.

I was making my way to the Brew and stopped at the gas station on the way. As I was waiting for the tank to fill up, I saw someone that I hadn't seen in a long, long time. I intended to keep it that way, so I got right to the point. I walked up to him and bluntly said, "what are you  doing in Rosewood."

 He turned my way, grasped the fact that I had the nerve to talk to him, and replied with a devilish smile, "I'm engaged. You probably know her." He continued with his ever-so-annoying accent, "Goes by the name of Spencer Hastings." He continued to have a cocky look on his face.

That's when I lost it.

~~

I figured he had gotten enough and let him leave after a few hits. But then I decided to follow him. I didn't know exactly what I was planning on doing, but he didn't know I was following him, so I had an advantage.

This was going to be good..

Spencer's POV

It's now been two weeks since Toby has been back in town, and he still hasn't decided to pay me a visit. I wonder if he knows that I'm engaged and that's why. He spoke again to Emily a little more but she said it wasn't any less vague than before.

That's it.

He must have some kind of reason to come back. I already saw him parked outside of the she-devil's house, but something tells me that's not the whole reason that he's back.

UGH SPENCER STOP!! YOUR WEDDING IS A TWO MONTHS AWAY!!!

I have a habit of getting mad at myself. I started to think, though. I'm trying way to hard to not  think about Toby. And I have to actually try  to think about my fiancé. That's kind of sad isn't it? Either way, I had to stop, even though I had to try to do it. I am Spencer Hastings. I am the most organized person in the world, and my wedding is in two months.  I need that to be my main focus right now. Nothing else. Not even the former love of your life rising from the dead...

THERE I GO AGAIN!

~~

I headed to the Brew to get coffees for Wren and me. I go there so often that I just have to say "the usual two" and they just know. I liked it like that.

They had my two lattes within 3 minutes. I grabbed a cronut (croissant and donut) and made my way to the couch behind the open curtain. I looked down at my phone to see a text from Wren.

Running a little late. I had some business to attend to. Be there soon.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Wren was never late. Ever. He actually usually sends a text saying he'll be early.  This had to be something serious. I snapped out of it. He probably just has an appointment or something. I thought.

After a little while, I saw someone walking towards me in my peripheral vision. I continued to look at my phone. "Hey you're finally here. What held you up?" I looked up not to see my happy fiancé, but my bruised and beat up not-so-happy fiancé. I gasped. "Oh my god what happened?!"

"Like I said," he paused. "I had some business to attend to." I gave him a confused look. "Oh look you got our coffees!" He continued to speak like I hadn't just seen him look like he just got mugged. I just stared at him and gave him many different looks. He wasn't stupid. And he knows that neither am I.

He sighed. "Fine. I'm going to go clean up. I'll explain when I get back okay?"

"okay." I said frowning. He smiled and kissed my forehead as he made his way to the back.

I went back to my phone. I had been texting one of my wedding planners trying to set a date.  It needed my full attention sometimes.

Five minutes passed, and he came back to the front of the couch. I still didn't look up, but I could see his hand still had blood and bruises all over it. "Hey I thought you were gonna clean up?" When he didn't respond, I looked up to see no bruises or blood anywhere else, but it also wasn't my fiancé. I lightly gasped.

"Toby."